Russell Westbrook (184 votes)

Third Team
LaMarcus Aldridge (135 votes)
Zach Randolph (67 votes)
Al Horford (62 votes)
Manu Ginobili (106 votes)
Chris Paul (157 votes)

Honourable Mention
Rajon Rondo (68), Paul Pierce (55), Carmelo Anthony (53), Kevin Love (48), Tim Duncan (43), Blake Griffin (36)

---------- Post added 13-05-2011 at 10:43 AM ----------

Off the bat here are my initial thoughts:

1. Great to see Aldridge & Randolph get some acknowledgment, especially after they both got snubbed from the All-Star game.

2. Kobe took Wade's spot again, and the discrepancy in votes shows that the voters are just giving Kobe the career achievement award. The Heat won more games than the Lakers and Wade posted better numbers in every major statistical category (except for 3PT% and FT%).

3. I personally would've probably chosen Nowitzki above Durant, but that's a toss-up really.

---------- Post added 13-05-2011 at 10:52 AM ----------

This quote sums it up

Wade averaged more points, rebounds and assists than the Black Mamba and shot significantly better from the field. And Wade crushed Bryant in head-to-head competition.

And it doesn't even mention that Wade averaged more steals and blocks as well. Unbelievable. Of all the very top superstars in the league, Wade has been the most under appreciated his whole career. Heat didn't even go on those streaks till Wade started taking over in the 4th. This is a joke.

nowitzki was the only one i would probably question -maybe swap with durant... had another massive season and doing it now at his advanced part of his career

but then again i can understand why they would go with durant, leading scorer and doing it at such a young age

I think the first team is pretty accurate, dirk is the only questionable one for me, would've thought k love would be named in a team. Good to see Westbrook and rose make their respective teams.

For me Kobe over Wade stuck out like dog's balls as being wrong.

The other wrong pick for me was Gasol as the 2nd best pf in the game. It's easy to score when u have Kobe, Bynum, Odom etc and he still didn't break 20 a game - go see how much Aldridge did for his team, AND Randolph....Other than that don't have a problem with any selections

But as I said Kobe first team is a laugher....it's like Ryan Giggs getting Player of the year in the EPL 2 years back - that was the worst joke in the history of anything. He only started 10 games that year!

Jimbo i see your point i can understand your pissed about Wade not making it..Here are the stats

WADE: 25.5PPG FG % .500....FT %.758....3PT% .306
KOBE: 25.3PPG FG% .451....FT %.828....3PT% .323

WADE:4.6APG
KOBE: 4.7APG

WADE:3.1 Turnovers
KOBE: 3.0 Turnovers

So i mean it could of gone either way??Wade Clearly had a Better REB PG than KB....When it comes down to it who cares??I mean that Does Kobe care if he doesnt get selected?Does Wade care if he doesnt get selected??Pretty Sure Wade wants another Ring, as does Kobe.....So i guess we can agree on a few things...

Im yet to speak to anyone who believes that Gasol should be in ANY all NBA team, let alone ahead of Aldridge!!!

And Kobe getting in ahead of Wade means that the All NBA sides are a joke. No credibility.

Wade clearly had a better RPG, SPG and BPG and not to mention significantly better FG%. In all the major stats Wade was better (3PT% and FT% are not major). So if you want to use stats let's use all the major ones.

Yeah I know Wade doesn't care, but as a fan it's pretty annoying seeing your favorite player being unappreciated when he is clearly deserving.

Kobe should have been All-NBA 2nd Team and didn't deserve to make All-Defensive team at all. He got routinely burned all season long, averaged like 1.2 steals per game and recorded 12 blocks the entire season. He wasn't shutting anyone down either so I don't see how he made that.

I'm not a Kobe hater, I love the guys game. But I'll be glad when he stops getting this lifetime award achievement.

Totally with ya Jimbo.... more Kobe bull$hit. Of all the awards they hand out the ALL-NBA & All-Defensive teams are the only ones they seem to routinely screw up. I's laughable that Kobe makes it over Wade....... seriously!!

I think the first team is pretty accurate, dirk is the only questionable one for me, would've thought k love would be named in a team. Good to see Westbrook and rose make their respective teams.

Really Norm!? I know you love Kobe, but really!?

To be completely honest, I though T-Mac should've made it over Kobe and wade. Stellar season and completely underrated.

I think it has nothing to do with the stats... its voted by panel of sportswriters and broadcasters on their perception on how they rank the players, and like most fans, we have our own perception as who should be on first, second and third.

If we have our own voting here, and each member will rank their first, second and third team, i bet we will have a different list.

True but the criteria should be who had the better season. If Wade had better stats and his team won more games, how can you say he didn't have a better year?

If the voting was closer I wouldn't be so annoyed, but the fact that there's such a big gap between him and Kobe shows half these people don't pay attention and get just fed by the media. Kobe & LeBron have been the poster boys for the last decade despite Wade playing at as high a level. That's the bottom line.