AFL to English Football

Rayallenfanau

OzCardTrader
I know we have gaelic football, but i'd like to see the following.

Get the best 22 afl players, put them on a pitch,

see how they go with only 3 subsitutes for 2x 45min halves. thoes that come off cant go back on.

And they dont get little runners for drinks breaks.

Im sure they could handle it, but their legs would be getting tired i suspect.

what u reckon?

Don't even compare that softcock sport to AFL. I say put those soccer girls on an AFL ground and see how they go, most of them would be dead by the end of the first quarter.

see how they go with only 3 subsitutes for 2x 45min halves. thoes that come off cant go back on.

what u reckon?

The best players rarely go to the bench anyway....although midfielders are often rotated onto the bench nowadays.

AFL players also play around 120 minutes per game so 90 minutes would be nothing for them stamina-wise.

Soccer players also manage to get "mini time-outs" for themselves and their team by faking injuries...so drinks, whilst not as freely available are still on-hand.

Also the AFL tries not to schedule to many games in 38c heat!!!

LOL bargey, my thoughts exactly!

Soccer plays are to soft for their own good - let them play a real man's sport and see how they handle it

I reckon indoor soccer is more physically challenge on your stamina than outdoor soccer.

I'm speaking on experience.

I agree with you there Henkita, having played both Indoor Soccer and Aussie Rules...Indoor Soccer is nuts (but fun) - but i am always f'd after the game

Allstar cards inc said:
The best players rarely go to the bench anyway....although midfielders are often rotated onto the bench nowadays.

AFL players also play around 120 minutes per game so 90 minutes would be nothing for them stamina-wise.

Soccer players also manage to get "mini time-outs" for themselves and their team by faking injuries...so drinks, whilst not as freely available are still on-hand.

Also the AFL tries not to schedule to many games in 38c heat!!!

i love getting a discuission going lol..

lets see afl players in minus degree weather, ice, snow.

henkita217 said:
I reckon indoor soccer is more physically challenge on your stamina than outdoor soccer.

yeah i played one game to fill in for a team, and that is quite crazy. You look at the scoreboard and hope its 10mins gone, when its only been 3, thats constant running.

good game though

Rayallenfanau said:
yeah i played one game to fill in for a team, and that is quite crazy. You look at the scoreboard and hope its 10mins gone, when its only been 3, thats constant running.

good game though

Too right. :p

Although I think I played longer than 10 minutes per half. I think it was 12 or 15 per half.

No generosity either when it is half time. The only break you get during the half, is you get to walk over and change side with your opposition, that's it.

Luckily though, the subs rules isn't like outdoor soccer. You can come back anytime during the game. ;)

Soccer players COULDN'T play in an AFL game.......they wouldn't understand that you don't get free kicks for acting (except Lloyd of course (tic)).

Umm.. I haven't even started commenting on the original subject for this thread.

They're two totally different sports, that is incomparable with each other.

AFL players can't play football (soccer) for shit and vice versa with football (soccer) players. Let's leave it at that?? :confused:

I think that it would be the most boring game of football ever(worse than the NERDS FC vs the JR MATILDARS) and in doing so they would be able to go the distance but that pace would not compair to that of a professional match. 5x slower so they would be standing around off the ball.

Professional Indoor (futsal) will kill them.
I have played for Queensland and I can tell you that if your not breathing hard after 5 mins of play then your not doing anything. Its so much faster because of the condenced space.

Rayallenfanau said:

what u reckon?

Interesting topic Ray. I think All Star made some valid points previously.
I hate to admit it but playing a full game of aussie rules is physically harder than a full game of soccer. That said, AFL players play around 24 games a season with a decent break between off-season every year compared to elite european footballers who play upto 60 matches almost year-round(in all comps), sometimes 3 in a week. :shock: So imo verdict is both are very physically demanding in different ways :)

henkita217 said:

Sorry but it's a fact outdoor soccer is more physically challenging on your stamina than indoor soccer. :rolleyes:

I'm speaking on experience too. ;)

Fakers:

OK so there are some pretty blatant fakers, but as mentioned, the game is fast to pick the close ones..

Then there are the ones who get knocked and they make it look worse.

Well they have been fouled anyway, so a free kick should be awarded.

was watching a doco the other day about soccer players and they tracked beckham on how much he ran a game and it was roughly 8 miles then i seen a tracker on buckly and he was runnin from 22-25km a game

Back
Top Bottom