AFL Mint (AFL NFT drop)

Getting excited for Drop #2 next week. The Decider. 2021 AFL and 2022 AFLW Grand Finals covered.
AFL-Mint_EDM_The-Decider_Generic_1200x600_Dropping-Sep-21.jpg

Haven't heard much about this around the community.
Dare say it might have been a flop?

Yes have bought some in each drop. The Marketplace opens in March. That;s when we will truely know the opportunity. So far they are very responsive, great access to the AFL heads that are driving this and a honest and fun community

Thought it may be worth providing a bit of an update on the AFL Mint project.
Disclaimer I’m a mod of their Discord now but am not a part of the team.
Marketplace is up and running and the best way to describe the project is virtual footy cards on steroids.
Been reasonably successful in terms of selling out most recent drops.
Record so far for a single moment sale was a Joel Selwood $2150 from a $99 pack.

Recently had a ‘Mint Zone’ day for some lucky Genesis Ball holders. Included a tour of AFL House, the Arc and medallion club seats with access to a function room for North vs Bulldogs. (Photos attached) Plus some Merch.
Project is a slow build but marketing rollout hasn’t hit full swing yet.
Any questions feel free to ask more than happy to fill people in on how the project is going.

Discord server link is below if you want to jump in and say hi to some fellow collectors 😊

https://discord.gg/pXttz4dx

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2338.jpeg

Last edited:
I have bought AFL Mint collectibles and packs and am involved on Discord. It’s great that a marketplace has finally opened and am looking forward to further enhancements though I am concerned about the number of collectible drops, new ones every 2 weeks at the moment which unfortunately has smashed the value of common moments, cheapest moments available for $1-$2.

I bought a Genesis ball after Marketplace opened and feel this is where the real value will eventually be, being the cornerstone of AFL Mint as stated in the lite paper (as opposed to Ovation moments, many of which I feel are currently overpriced). Still very surprised to see some available on Marketplace for under $200, as long as the AFL Mint team continue to add digital and real life rewards for Genesis Ball holders, the current floor price should increase significantly.

We are running our weekly giveaway tonight which is a prediction challenge on the discord if anyone wants to try for a free pack. Simply have to predict the winner of tonight’s game and a margin bracket plus a few stats. Don’t have to have bought anything to win so free to play and no sign up required.

Discord link is below and prediction challenge opens an hour before tonight’s game with another at half time.
Would love to see an OCT legend win one!

Last edited:
Another update,
Just finished the latest drop which featured the 2023 Skippers and about to head into finals where there will be opportunities to win finals tickets.

The 'Ovations' which are the rarest moments were Max Gawn, Marcus Bontempelli, Toby Greene and Zac Merrett. They were limited to /45 and sold out in less than 24 hours (600 packs at $29 and $59 each).

A couple of my favourite pickups:

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 11.03.16 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 11.04.51 am.png

Interested to hear feedback from anyone who may have checked out the project. If there are any questions jump in the discord.

https://discord.gg/pXttz4dx

Back
Top Bottom