A query about offloading bulk AFL cards

slabotage

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brett Sabell
Greetings my fellow card collectors. This is my very first post on this forum and hopefully I've put it in the right group! :)

I have a MASSIVE collection of mixed AFL Select footy cards from a while back (various years between 2010-2016) which I am looking to offload. There are HUNDREDS of cards, mostly commons but interspersed with plenty of inserts, foils etc. (but no signatures sorry!) There are far too many cards to itemise or individually photograph, so I'd be looking for someone interested in taking the whole shebang off my hands. I understand that this approach makes it a tough sell but as a compromise I am willing to sell the cards at a very reasonable price. I've looked after the cards well over the years so their condition would range between good-to-excellent. This collection would be suitable for anyone who sells or trades individual cards and could make you some nice coin with very little initial outlay.

I am based north of Melbourne and I would be looking for local pick-up or drop-off only, no postage/shipping sorry. I'd be willing to drive up to an hour from home to make the sale, and to be honest, I'd be happy to accept just enough to cover the cost of petrol in exchange! I'm also open to prospective buyers having an inspection of the cards prior to deciding to make the purchase if that is what it would take to garner interest. Put simply, I would love to see these cards in the hands of someone who appreciates them rather than going into landfill which is the alternative if I can't sell them.

The reason I have posted this here rather than the selling/trading/auctions group is because I really wasn't sure if this type of bulk sale was suited to this forum. Can anyone provide me with advice, or even better, make me an offer for the cards? I would be happy to attach some photos of the collection if that is required and/or helpful. Thanks for reading! :)

post some photos mate..you never know your luck..
As for "landfill" if no luck in moving them on, look at donating them to a kids organisation..they can use them for the kids as apposed to just binning them..

post some photos mate..you never know your luck..
As for "landfill" if no luck in moving them on, look at donating them to a kids organisation..they can use them for the kids as apposed to just binning them..
Appreciate your reply! OK I'll re-post this in the for-sale forum with some photos. I had a closer look there yesterday and saw a couple of similar posts labelled as "set fillers" which is basically what I have, so I'll follow suit I reckon.

I did not realise that loose footy cards are something that could be donated to a charity! I would absolutely be happy to do so if I can track one down nearby who accepts them. Thanks for the tip! :)

does not necessary need to be a charity (again if cant move on for $) find a family with kids
big box of base cards + wide eyed kids = hours of fun
good luck with it all mate

I donated about 30000 cards to my club North Melbourne .The deal was though they had to pick them up. Still remember this older lady arriving in her little car when she left the weight in the boot had the front of the car tilting up lol

Back
Top Bottom