95/96 TSC Beam Team

card_craze

collecting since 96
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/95-96-Stadiu...6QQihZ012QQcategoryZ78159QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The cards above are sample of what 95/96 TSC Beam Team inserts look like.

I won an auction of beam team set, but to my surprise when I received the cards, there is no laser cut / die cut on it. Just one piece of card. I knew straightaway that thess cards aren't the same with the ones inserted in boxes, as I pulled one Patrick Ewing card from packs myself (about 10 years ago? :p) - my ewing card has laser cut as shown on examples above, but these cards do not.

Clearly they are two different sets of cards.

What's the origin of the beam team cards I won? are they from Topps members only club?

Does anybody know?

Thanks

that beam team set that u posted a link for is the ones they inserted into series 2. the series 1 doesnt look as blingy, it still has some die-cut technology, just not as fancy. i have the complete set of series 1 and 2.
one reason they changed the design was perhaps the series 1 was too conservative. who knows

no, that's not what I meant - I know there's series 1 and 2 and they're different designs, but what I meant is that there are 2 version of series 2

one is from the link above, the other has no die cut (full cardboard) - if you look at the cards above you can see holes & cuts on the card, but the cards I received today has no such thing, but the numbering is the same b11-b20

any clue?

These cards probably came from a uncut press proof sheet, that someone cut out the cards. I've seen this done before with these cards.

Back
Top Bottom