6 box break of Adventure Time

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Got these over the Black Friday sales and have finally managed to get them scanned. Pretty happy overall with the artists:

Chris Meeks (really like his sketches, plus needed one of his); Layron; Matt Hebb

John Soukup; Emily Riggsby (one of my favourite artists); Gary Shipman

The Soukup is painted and had "Grant Wood" listed on the back also. I am not much of an art buff, so did some research and turns out Grant is a famous American artist with his painting "American Gothic" one of the most well known :thumbsup::
Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Nice! Really like that Emily Riggsby. There's been a couple of Adventure Time cards that reference art pieces and they've all looked fantastic.

How'd you go on the autos?

Not too bad. Picked up:
Ava Acres x2
Maria Bamford
M Emmet Walsh
Brian Baumgartner
Jeff Bennett

Also got a Marceline and Ice King Totally Fabricateds

Nicely done! Haven't opened the product myself, but all the sketches in this release all seem to be of a really good standard, some of the other companies could learn from that...

yea those sketches are really nice, im with @AusRam , just about all of the sketches I've seen from this series are really good. Unfortunately I dont know anything about the actual show/series so that makes it difficult. I really wish they would do some more The Simpsons cards....

I only know the show from watching it with my now 13-year old son. He loves the show, so I thought this would be a great set to have fun with putting together with him. It also helps as mentioned that 99% of the sketches in this set are great quality. From responses I have seen from artists, they all seemed to love doing sketches from this set as it was something different from the majority of the other sketch work they do.

yea those sketches are really nice, im with @AusRam , just about all of the sketches I've seen from this series are really good. Unfortunately I dont know anything about the actual show/series so that makes it difficult. I really wish they would do some more The Simpsons cards....
Highly recommend Tim Proctor if you're after commissioned Simpsons sketches - good price too ($20-25 US + $10 shipping for any amount of cards). But it's been about 10 years since there's been any Simpsons cards now.

I only know the show from watching it with my now 13-year old son. He loves the show, so I thought this would be a great set to have fun with putting together with him. It also helps as mentioned that 99% of the sketches in this set are great quality. From responses I have seen from artists, they all seemed to love doing sketches from this set as it was something different from the majority of the other sketch work they do.
I only got 6 boxes of this last year - but picked up two of the best sketch cards I've pulled from packs. Love this set - funny it was released by Crypto at the exact same time as Archer - and the sketches for this set were 100x better 2015-12-23 11.42.49.jpg 2015-12-23 11.42.54.jpg

2015-12-23 11.42.54.jpg

2015-12-23 11.42.49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom