50th B'day Michael Jordan Showoff Thread

I only have this....hopefully I could get a MJ Bulls autograph card in the future.
mj_lb_dual_auto.jpg

www.jordancards.com/blog/11-11-07_91-michael-jordan-hoops-prototypes-metal.php

Fond the blog about '91 Metal prototype. Not sure about the truth behind the story:yellow:
Code:
In 1991, I flew to Seatle, WA to interview with a printing company as a manufacturer's representative. At the meeting, the printer was showing samples of their work. The owner of printing company explained that they were asked by the NBA and a bread company and an advertising agency to create an aluminium trading card to be inserted into the packaging as an incentive to buy the product.

I was handed a "prototype" aluminium Official NBA card with Michael Jordan, Chicago Bulls, Guard printed on the front and stats on the back. You can see the official COPYRIGHT 1991 NBA on the back of the card.

The President of the printing company said I could keep the "prototype" copy but not to show it to anyone until the NBA approved the card.

It was never approved by the NBA and considered dangerous since it was printed on a thin sheet of aluminium which could cut or injure a child or collector.

Back
Top Bottom