2K9 Tournament Recaps & Playoff Picture

Gotta love those big men!!
They actually surprise me half the time!! The way Yi plays help-d, it's crazy. He's totally over-rated (in ratings) for this game. Not once have I seen him grab an offensive board and slam the crap out of the rim in the NBA. lol....

My outside shooting wasnt great, and could improve. My perimeter defense could also improve, and playing either the Suns or Lakers will test that.

Looking forward to playing again, and then maybe we could look at another tournament or something similar...

Oz...you around now? Want to run a gm?

I'm around now mate, long day and not long been home. Gonna have dinner and maybe a few night caps so won't be playing today/tonight.

We'll definitely get this sorted over the weekend if you're up for it. :v:

For the record it's 6:23pm here on a friday night, we'll have to work out the time difference and find some time over the next 2 days that suits us both.

Let me know what works for you. :thumbsup:

Yeah, hopefully the next one we do will run easier.

I say give it another week to complete this series, and if dsizzy can't attend a matchup we'll have to promote Oz to the Finals.

We've gotta finish this off or no one will want to be apart of any more.

As for time differences, I understand how hard it would be to attain times, but there's always weekends where we can be around for a game. I play Bad Company a lot, and my US mates are always around. (just an example that it's possible to play).

Is everyone in agreement that we promote this match up after another week, say go until Monday week (26th April).

Yeah, hopefully the next one we do will run easier.

I say give it another week to complete this series, and if dsizzy can't attend a matchup we'll have to promote Oz to the Finals.

We've gotta finish this off or no one will want to be apart of any more.

As for time differences, I understand how hard it would be to attain times, but there's always weekends where we can be around for a game. I play Bad Company a lot, and my US mates are always around. (just an example that it's possible to play).

Is everyone in agreement that we promote this match up after another week, say go until Monday week (26th April).

Fair call, I know it's possible to play mate, but the last 2 saturdays I've been out the house by 10/11ish and watching the Lakers live at a mates house and I've had 2 Carlton home games coincidentally the same night so I haven't been home between 11am and 12am - all day all night. Come sunday I'm sleeping in, get up around midday and it's nighttime in the US.

All due respect to PBD, but I haven't seen him online once in a few weeks and xbox live is telling me he hasn't logged on in 42 days. Who knows, maybe he's not big on live but I've been on a fair bit lately with not not much work coming through so I've been ready to play on the fly.

I don't want to advance by simulation and I'll be home all weekend for once so we'll see if we can get it done this saturday or sunday, I'll send him a PM now and see if he's free at all. But I'm not so sure he's gonna want to sit at home on a friday or saturday night playing 2k9 on a saturday arvo or lazy sunday for me...

I'm eagar to finish this off and looking forward to another. I've got around 9 Aus players on my friends list all playing 2k9 regularly so it won't be too hard to fill another or perhaps even a short season.

As for how long we wait for this round to be done and dusted, I'm not gonna call that. Sorry for the delay guys. :v:

No probs Oz, your call dude. Kepe us posted mate.

It's only the Finals to go, so only me waiting, not many. I'm happy to start another whenever and finish this one whenever.

Looks like we're playing monday. Will let you know how it goes.

Got a bit of a progress report. We've had some technical difficulties in our first game. It froze up about 1 minute into the first game and we had to back out and try again only I couldn't access 2k sports for sometime. I thought maybe the servers were down but I got back in after 5 to 10 minutes.

Second time around it froze up almost the same length into the game, only a few baskets scored between us and I had to back out again and reboot. Second game dsizzy went up 1 - 0, not sure what's happening there since it was the second time around and same problem, you'd think the series would be over now but he needs one more game to advance.

I'm all for trying again and having a go at winning two strait if PBD is up for it, otherwise just sim the game Scotty and I guess The Suns face The Nets in the Finals. It's all good with me. :v:

If anyone's interested, here's the recap; 2K Sports

Player of the game for the Lakers is Pau Gasol with 4 points on 66% shooting from the field and Shaq was a monster on the boards for Phoenix with a whole rebound and by far the Suns most valued player so far in this series. He also chipped in 2 points and an assist to boot and the Suns come away winners with 4 points to the Lakers 6. :blink: :lol:

Guys, I can reset the series if you want?

You can't play a handful of minutes and call it a win....

Let me know, and I'll reset it tonight.

Haven't heard back from David yet so see what he thinks, I'll play again but finding another time to might be a problem and I don't want to drag this out too much further, the whole tournament has gone longer than the actual NBA playoffs will. :lol:

I'm thinking there's some kind of connection problem between us though, cause I played 3 team up games shortly after our short games, and all three went right down to the wire, one with 9 players and 1 AI so not sure what's going on there but then again my actual xbox is freezing up so I gotta shut it down just to do anything which is weird because it's never happened before. I thought it might be the new wireless adapter that I just bought but I played 2 of those team up games wireless and one wired to make sure.

Long story short, I'm easy mate, I don't mind what happens at this stage. While the playoffs are on, I'm keen on getting another started, maybe a bit longer, play a very short season (I think the minimum is 18 games) and then playoffs maybe best of 5. Would get everyone else back involved aswell plus there's more guys I can get in no problems. Be good timing aswell, with the real Playoffs and Finals approaching I think the interest level would be higher.

Back
Top Bottom