2K9 Tournament Recaps & Playoff Picture

Well let me know what you decide re: resetting the match up.

I was actually thinking of running a real-life playoffs, ie. we pick teams currently in the Playoffs.

Not sure how that would work, more or less the same as the current one we're in, we just can only pick from the 16 teams in the playoffs (would mean we'd need a lot more players too).

Havent tried running or participating in an online season before, what's that like?

Well let me know what you decide re: resetting the match up.

I was actually thinking of running a real-life playoffs, ie. we pick teams currently in the Playoffs.

Not sure how that would work, more or less the same as the current one we're in, we just can only pick from the 16 teams in the playoffs (would mean we'd need a lot more players too).

Havent tried running or participating in an online season before, what's that like?

Haven't run a season before either but I can imagine it would be fun. If we played a really short one everyone would be more involved rather than worrying about getting knocked the first round and the playoffs still follow.

As for resetting the series, why don't you shoot dsizzy a PM? He hasn't answerred mine, might just be busy but I haven't heard a word since the end of the second game.

Alright alright...sorry for the slow response! I believe my first thought was to throw the xbox out the window after the second try didn't work. I for sure would be up to play the series over starting 0-0. I could play tommorrow night local time. I'm in the middle of finishing up my second year of grad school, so I appreciate the understanding on how time is tough to find. Lmk if that work...and maybe next time shaq will have 2 rebounds! Don't forget he's a beast!

Alright alright...sorry for the slow response! I believe my first thought was to throw the xbox out the window after the second try didn't work. I for sure would be up to play the series over starting 0-0. I could play tommorrow night local time. I'm in the middle of finishing up my second year of grad school, so I appreciate the understanding on how time is tough to find. Lmk if that work...and maybe next time shaq will have 2 rebounds! Don't forget he's a beast!

No problem man, like I said; maybe you're just busy so all good. :)

Tomorrow night is fine with me. You got a specific time in mind? If so let me know. I'll be online around the same time again so just jump online when you're ready and hopefully we'll have more luck than we did the last time. Was frustrating for me aswell, believe me. :v:

I guess you can reset it Scotty.

No probs, I'll reset it after work for you guys.

With regards to the real life playoffs, I meant the same actual playoffs that's running in the NBA. So Mavs V Spurs, Cavs V Pistons, Celts V Bulls, etc etc...

But we'd need to get it started yesterday given that the series' have already started.

We could see hisotry re-written, or even mirrored.

No probs, I'll reset it after work for you guys.

With regards to the real life playoffs, I meant the same actual playoffs that's running in the NBA. So Mavs V Spurs, Cavs V Pistons, Celts V Bulls, etc etc...

But we'd need to get it started yesterday given that the series' have already started.

We could see hisotry re-written, or even mirrored.

Well there's no reason why we can't start another coinciding with the one we're playing now right? I mean there's a maximum of 6 and a minimum of 4 games yet to be played.

If you have trouble hosting two at once I'll set it up. We just need the numbers and then set up the order we pick the teams and all that.

16 places though will most likely require a number of non OzCard members and like I said I can get at least 6 or 7 filled.

Hey Scotty can you check your inbox and reset the tourney please mate?

We're sitting here ready to roll but it's still 1-0...

Hey Scotty can you check your inbox and reset the tourney please mate?

We're sitting here ready to roll but it's still 1-0...

Quoting myself here.... :rolleyes:

Don't worry about resetting.

Dave was good enough to playout game 2 up until the final minute and let me even it out. Game 2 was pretty fast paced, more or less a warm up for game 3.

Game 3 went right down to the wire. Shaq and Amare combined for 44 and were hard to stop inside. Unsung hero was Luke Walton suprisingly, hitting 2 big 3's and keeping me in it early in the second. PBD made a charge late in the third to break out to a 9 point lead and forced me to make some roster changes and spread the floor off the break. Late in the fourth the Suns found themselves down 3 points and were forced to foul with less than 24 seconds on the clock. Fish missed 2 vital FT's but Ariza cleaned up the board and was put straight to the line. Hitting one of two, the Suns had one last chance to tie the game but Shaq down low in the post didn't have time to get something off. Kobe came out player of the game once again and the Lakers advance to a Finals match-up with the Nets. Where have I heard that before? ;)

Great games by PBD, thanks for the game man. :thumbsup:

Well ladies & gents, the Finals have been played, although it was more like a battle...

I'll try and recap the games:

Finals Series WoobieZarz' Nets VS Ozirus24's Lakers:

Game 1 took place in LA as the Lakers looked to take a 1-0 lead in the Finals' Series.

New Jersey started strong, as Vince Carter and Harris scored the opening 5 points of the game. Wasnt long until Kobe Bryant started to light his name up on the board. One thing that Coach Woobie wasnt looking forward to.

The quarter ended 25-15 in favour of the Nets, with VC & Lopez combining for 13 points without missing.

2nd quarter began with a triple from Ryan Anderson, before LA Big Man, Pau Gasol slammed home a statement jam, igniting Jordan Farmer to cut his way to the lane for a strong duece. Ryan Anderson responded hitting home a long range triple, followed by a Kobe Bryant miss, and a VC triple which gave the visiting Nets a 36-19 lead.

Coach Ozirus had seen enough, calling for Time and switching up the rotation.

Both teams went on a scoring rampage, ending the first half red hot from a Vince Carter triple on the buzzer giving NJ a 57-39 lead much to the disappointment of the home croud, as they Boo'd the Laker Team back to their lockerooms.

The 3rd quarter started in an unfashionable way for the LA Lakers, as they witnessed the Nets go on a 12-0 scoring run, pushing the lead to 30 points.

Enter Kobe Bryant....

Kobe lead his team strong, and showed some true heart as he piled on 8 points, pulling the Lakers to within 19 points as they trailed 77-58 after 3.

The Lakers came out firing in the 4th, as Adam Morrison stacked on 2 back-to-back triples which sparked an incredible 27-4 run, which saw LA take lead 85-81 with less than 2 mins in the game. The hot streak continued as Kobe Bryant found himself hearing the "M.V.P....M.V.P" chants from the Home-Town Laker fans as LA went on to hit their last 6 shots, giving them the game 92-89 and a 1-0 lead in the Finals.

Kobe Bryant claimed P.O.G honors racking up team-highs with 29 points & 6 assists.
Lamar Odom backed up well with 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocked shots.

For New Jersey, Vince Carter lead all scores with 35, followed by Harris with 17 points & 13 dimes.

Game Notes:
Nets 10 TOs
Lakers 58 Points In The Paint.

Game 2 and the visiting LA Lakers roll in to New Jersey with a 1-0 lead meaning another victory would mean ultimate supremecy for the LA squad.

Opening tip, and again the Lakers finding themselves with posession as Pau Gasol made a 2-point layup.

Both teams scored well, pushing each other to their limits, as the lead changed 8 times in the opening term and finishing with a Vince Carter double on the buzzer, both teams were locked in 28-28.

Midway through the 2nd quater, Laker fans found themselves in a state of panic, as Kobe Bryant picked up his 3rd personal foul, but remained in the game. New Jersey hussled, on back-to-back-to-back (that's 3) three-point plays, the Nets found themselves up 11 points at the end of the 2nd quarter outscoring LA 29-18 in the term.

Start of the 3rd saw the Lakers back within 8 on a triple from Kobe Bryant. New Jersey countered, as PF Yi JianLian shot up 10 points in the quarter giving New Jersey a comfortable 81-66 lead entering the final quarter.

The Lakers came out firing, behind Kobe's 12-quarter points, the Lakers found themselves within 4 points, but with less than 1 minute remaining, was there enough time.

NJ responded with a thunderous slam from Brook Lopez. Not to be out-done, Kobe Bryant put up a deuce, followed by an in-bound interception from Shannon Brown leading to a triple for Brown, and a 5 point defecit. The Lakers found themselves with posession, but after missing an alley-oop for Lamar Odom, NJ reserve Stromile Swift found himself getting into the lane and closing out the game with a massive slam, giving New Jersey the win, 107-100.

Devin Harris claimed Player Of the Game award, tallying 28 points, 16 dimes and 4 steals. Vince Carter assisted with 27 points on 11/19 shooting, and Yi put up 26 points & 7 boards. NJ Rookie Brook Lopez added 18 points, 5 rebounds and 4 blocked shots.

For LA, Kobe Bryant lead all scores with 36, adding 7 dimes & 2 steals. Pau Gasol added 22 points, 4 assists, but only managed 4 rebounds. Shannon Brown totaled 13 off the bench, and Lamar Odom added 19 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals & 3 blocks.
Andrew Bynum failed to score.

Game Notes:
NJ - 67% FG%
LA - 8 steals
LA - 15 fouls
NJ - 72 points in paint

Series tied 1-1.

Here it is, the deciding Game 3 of the first ever OzCardTrader NBA 2K9 Tournament.

Series tied 1-1 and the New Jersey nets find themselves visiting the LA Lakers and their Championship hungry fans.

Both teams started hot, bucket for bucket, just what you expect from a championship game.

With 7 lead changes, and some red-hot shooting the Nets found themselves an early 5 point lead closing the 1st quarter out.

Start of the 2nd, and both teams continued to rack up points after points. Both hussling well for offensive rebounds, the Lakers managed to cut the lead to 4, before NJ went on a 9-4 scoring run to end the quarter 55-43

Half time break saw a re-vitalised LA Laker team take the court, and reserve Trevor Ariza stack on 10 points in the term. LA PF Lamar Odom took a Rajon Rondo-styled hard knock from Yi JianLian, but just like Rondo, Yi managed to keep himself in the game, and no suspension.

LA fans were stunned, but with true courage, Odom got up, and stayed on court, as the Lakers went on to outscore NJ 37-30 and bring themselves with 5 on a buzzer-beating triple from Trevor Ariza at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Devin Harris had been benched with 5 fouls, as NJ looked to their bench for support. Laker Big Men Gasol & Bynum helped the Lakers keep score, but not to be out-shined New Jersey noobie Brook Lopez got hot, the Lakers found themselves unable to contain the big fella as Lopez stacked on 14 points, giving the Nets a 115-98 victory, and a 2-1 Finals Lead, resulting in their first ever Championship.

Brook Lopez took out Player of the Game award, with an outstanding 30 points on 15/17 shooting, 11 rebounds, 2 assists & 4 blocked shots. Vince Carter added 29 points with 8 assists & 2 steals. Devin Harris finished the game with 16 points & 15 dimes. JianLian added 22 points & 8 boards, and reserve SF Ryan Anderson totaled 8 points, 4 rebounds & 6 assists.

LA was lead by Superstar Kobe Bryant's 38 points, 6 assists & 2 rebounds. Pau Gasol added 24 points, 11 rebounds (including 6 offensive), 1 assist and a blocked shot. Trevor Ariza was the only other LA player with double digits scoring with 11 points on 100% shooting (including 2 triples).

Game Notes:
Lakers - 17 offensive boards
New Jersey - 7 Blocks
New Jersey - 90 Points in the Paint
Lakers - 33% 3PT

New Jersey win, 2-1

Great job on the recaps mate and thanks for the games; was a great series to play, except when you went on those runs I couldn't stop. #-o

Jerseys Big Men we're too much for Bynum and Gasol this time around and Vince Carter is an Assassin, can give to you any which way you like it. :D

Well that's the first OCT 2k tourney in the books, looking forward to the next. Good job to all those involved. Looking forward to playing you all again soon. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom