2023 Collecting Goals

1. Push the Motor City Auto Collection up to 100 and replace all sticker autos with on card autos (where possible).
  2. Finish my Geelong base collection (non-numbered cards).
  3. Push my Geelong auto collection up to 45.
  4. Push my Aston Villa auto collection up to 15.

I ticked off some boxes last year.

This year it's:

93 Ultra Scoring Kings MJ PSA 8
12/13 or 13/14 Flawless base Ginobili, Kobe and/or Steph
03/04 Exquisite Base Garnett and Iverson
05/06 Exquisite base Yao and Shaq
05/06 Golds (preferably a big name like Duncan, Kobe, Bron or MJ)

Thinking of taking a break from buying in 2024. Will see how that works out though!

- less talked about rookie class

- Panini slop potential towards end of NBA licensing

- save up for potential good Fanatics releases

- most of my wants are not showing up

- focus on grading any cards on want in the KG collection
Yeah I don't expect to buy much. Haven't bought a box all year!

Just singles. . again

I reckon the next 6 months will be a great time to buy if you have the means, while so many people focus on burning money chasing any Wemby cards they can find.

The exchange rate is killing my buying anything right now that isn't a must-have for the PC. That said, I did have my biggest buying month in a long time in September since a bunch of PC wants all appeared at the same time :lol:.

Didn't buy much in October, but this week I managed to FINALLY win one of these for the PC after constantly being outbid (and watching them go for far more than I expected :cautious:) every time one popped up for sale for the last couple of years.

s-l1600.jpg

I will be continuing building my PC and helping my kids build their PC as they have also got the trading card bug.
After starting again this year i have bought some retail boxes, went in break. However im just concentrating on buying singles now.
Hoping to build my TD and Liverpool FC card collections. I might concentrate on building my graded card collection more.

1. Push the Motor City Auto Collection up to 100 and replace all sticker autos with on card autos (where possible). ✅
  2. Finish my Geelong base collection (non-numbered cards). ❌
  3. Push my Geelong auto collection up to 45. ❌
  4. Push my Aston Villa auto collection up to 15. ✅
Really gone away from footy for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom