2023-24 NBA Season - Draft , hype, trades etc

😂

IMG_1382.jpeg

I think fouls are fine. Not that I was any good but I always found there was an adjustment period to any new competition/officials and I imagine going from college to NBA, even Summer League, is a huge change.

I also don't think turnovers are necessarily terrible especially if they are just a young player failing to execute what they see. (Ie they at least see what they should be doing and that is better than not seeing it at all.)

Anyone been watching Summer League?

I just can’t do it this year for some reason - so many names that we’ll never hear from again

Yeah i have watched a handful of games and have been checking the box scores. Chet had a few good games, Wemby had one decent game. There are some standouts i'm keeping an eye on and will pick up a few rookie cards. Lots of scrubs running around out there too lol

It seems agressive but would probably still rather the Davis contract over Brown's.

At least I know Davis can be one of the 10 (or 5) best players in the league.

I still don't know if Brown is even top 30.

If he could play 75 games a season he’d be worth it.

Aye. Problem is very few players that many now. 60 is the new 75!

For what it's worth 0 of the top 10 points scorers played 75 games. Three of the top 20 and 10 of the top 50.

The best players generally do not play that many games anymore.

Davis is certainly more of an injury concern than many/most but you can miss 20 games these days and it is pretty standard.

Check out Brown - he hasn't played 75 games since his rookie year and noone calls him injury prone!

Last edited:
Aye. Problem is very few players that many now. 60 is the new 75!

For what it's worth 0 of the top 10 points scorers played 75 games. Three of the top 20 and 10 of the top 50.

The best players generally do not play that many games anymore.

Davis is certainly more of an injury concern than many/most but you can miss 20 games these days and it is pretty standard.

Check out Brown - he hasn't played 75 games since his rookie year and noone calls him injury prone!
Yep, that’s news to me! And you are right about the games played thing.
Hopefully the changes to the award rules gets the stars out there more often.

Yep, that’s news to me! And you are right about the games played thing.
Hopefully the changes to the award rules gets the stars out there more often.

It will be interesting if that makes a change. But, how do you legislate if a guy plays 60 "full" games then 5 where he plays a token amount of minutes?

Sure, his per game averages will look worse, but will voters penalise for that? Will the league make a ruling?

It will never happen but I think reducing games to around 75 and getting rid of back to backs and three games in four nights would make a big difference. Even with less games we may see top players playing not only a higher percentage but more games total because the grind is less.

Too many $ at stake though to reduce games scheduled though. Will be more likely to go the NFL way and increase them!

It seems agressive but would probably still rather the Davis contract over Brown's.

At least I know Davis can be one of the 10 (or 5) best players in the league.

I still don't know if Brown is even top 30.

i wouldn't put either in the top 30 - I'll take the Brown contract any day over 3 LONG years of hoping AD stays healthy

Back
Top Bottom