2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Interesting to see after half a season that Joseph Suali is now Joseph Sua Li Li now after last night’s broadcast?

The commentators efforts with Polynesian and Māori names has always been an absolute farce, which makes all the tokenistic themed rounds seem a bit of a show.

The NRL doesn't even spell Sua'ali'i's name right. It is pronounced Sua - ah - lee - ee

I'm yet to hear any coach, commentator or administrator not call Tor - hu Harris a toe.

Last edited:
The commentators efforts with Polynesian and Māori names has always been an absolute farce, which makes all the tokenistic themed rounds seem a bit of a show.

The NRL doesn't even spell Sua'ali'i's name right. It is pronounced Sua - ah - lee - ee

I'm yet to hear any coach, commentator or administrator not call Tor - hu Harris a toe.

It’s crazy the way they don’t know how the player pronounces it . You would think if your were a commentator you’d try and know them?
You would think the players would pass on the msg earlier. Josh Papali went years before they started pronouncing correctly?

It’s crazy the way they don’t know how the player pronounces it . You would think if your were a commentator you’d try and know them?
You would think the players would pass on the msg earlier. Josh Papali went years before they started pronouncing correctly?
Yeah, i cannot see a T is his name.

Who’s everyone got winning in the first week of the finals ?

I know a few teams are bogie teams but I’m expecting the same as the odds are suggesting.

Panthers
Storm
Sharks
Roosters

Think the Roosters are the only 99%ers though and the other 3 games could go down to the wire . Sharks will need to be better than they were first half today and I think the easier draw they had the last 3-4 weeks wasn’t ideal ?
Time will tell .

I think Canberra can definitely beat Melbourne in Melbourne. They have a good record at AAMI and seem to trouble the storm at times. If the ruck is fast, Canberra will trouble Melbourne. That being said I think it will be tight, Canberra need to be ahead when Tapine and Papalii have their first spell.

Great effort from Canberra to make the 8. 2/6 start, half their spine away for 12 weeks or more.

If the Storm do win I have to wear a bloody Melbourne tie for the week !!

I think Canberra can definitely beat Melbourne in Melbourne. They have a good record at AAMI and seem to trouble the storm at times. If the ruck is fast, Canberra will trouble Melbourne. That being said I think it will be tight, Canberra need to be ahead when Tapine and Papalii have their first spell.

Great effort from Canberra to make the 8. 2/6 start, half their spine away for 12 weeks or more.

If the Storm do win I have to wear a bloody Melbourne tie for the week !!
I’m not confident enough to be making those type bets . Especially when half the people I know are roosters supporters.
I know it was the tigers today but they looked sharp even without Whitehead and Wighton .
Not sure if Hughes is back for the storm but they are definitely there for the taking .
Panthers were my tip for most of the year but Parra have also hit form at the right time . If the Roosters were fully fit I think they would be very hard to beat as well.
I’ve jumped on the AFL bandwagon since my son started playing and all 4 games this weekend were amazing , hopefully we get the same next weekend .

Who’s everyone got winning in the first week of the finals ?

I know a few teams are bogie teams but I’m expecting the same as the odds are suggesting.

Panthers
Storm
Sharks
Roosters

Think the Roosters are the only 99%ers though and the other 3 games could go down to the wire . Sharks will need to be better than they were first half today and I think the easier draw they had the last 3-4 weeks wasn’t ideal ?
Time will tell .

Eels
Cowboys
Souths
Storm

On the eve of a potentially brilliant finals series the NRL again get it wrong with the incompetence in the Taylan May matter. Now this dominates headlines.
Can see him scoring the first or game winning try to really rub it in as well

The delayed suspension is very poor by the nrl but the incident is pretty tame to the good(or bad) old days. Used to go to a Penrith hotel in the early 90s. See a young person (with a big mouth) get flogged by an nrl player, this kid would then be grabbed by security and flogged again outside in the carpark. Security and management would then come in, pat the pkayer on the back and get him a free beer for his troubles. Good old days before video phones... You knew your place and knew to keep your smart ass mouth shut.

All we wanted was a finals series not decided by poor refereeing. Wasn’t much to ask but apparently it was . Absolute disgraceful weekend and finished with the worst .

Back
Top Bottom