2022 footy stars -- PRESTIGE

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
Think we all have a good idea a third round of prestige release will take place for 2022 and thought I'd initiate such thread while rumours and speculation starts to take place! Let's get the conversation rolling!

Excited to see what they roll out given the extent to which they beefed up Footy Stars this year.
Hopefully it's not too insane. While the multiple inserts in footystars is somewhat affordable, when that number of inserts starts hitting the later releases, it's going to be super expensive and not many people will have the funds to get everything they want

Hopefully it's not too insane. While the multiple inserts in footystars is somewhat affordable, when that number of inserts starts hitting the later releases, it's going to be super expensive and not many people will have the funds to get everything they want
You're right about that

Would like some Signatures in Prestige , if they were able to have them in series 1 , they could have a limited number in this higher end series.

My biggest concern with this release is the price point. Are we really expecting them to still be around $140 a box?

Optimum was proof you can't throw endless low numbered cards at a release without killing the wider market.

Optimum was proof you can't throw endless low numbered cards at a release without killing the wider market.
It still sold out super quick though. I can't imagine Select being too worried if the resale market dips but their releases sell out on launch day.

It still sold out super quick though. I can't imagine Select being too worried if the resale market dips but their releases sell out on launch day.

Not suggesting it would influence Select in the slightest sadly but eventually they'll cook the golden goose and the market will crash back to 2019 levels. Panini are a great example. NBA is a mess.

For what its worth I dont think thats a bad thing if youre a true collector and genuinely love cards.

Not suggesting it would influence Select in the slightest sadly but eventually they'll cook the golden goose and the market will crash back to 2019 levels. Panini are a great example. NBA is a mess.

For what its worth I dont think thats a bad thing if youre a true collector and genuinely love cards.

Agreed they need to stretch the resale market gently.

Maybe up to 800 cases (9,600 boxes) at $165 a box? With a 30th anniversary cards and maybe a couple more numbered cards.

I do think production runs will increase for the low to mid tier series' , otherwise they have nothing to sell on their site after 1 or 2 days.

I do think production runs will increase for the low to mid tier series' , otherwise they have nothing to sell on their site after 1 or 2 days.

The risk is that if the print runs increase significantly for Prestige (Footy Stars has always been a big print run), then secondary prices fall, if secondary prices fall, demand drops and the demand they are increasing print runs for declines.

By no means am I advocating for the secondary market, but it does drive some of the demand.

No doubt it saturates the market more. As a collector it doesn’t have the same affect on myself like it does for re sellers. The market has grown significantly enough though to cope with it to some extent. But as a company, Select have to constantly have new products being produced to keep the dollars coming in.

Anyone want to wage a guess on box limits for SCC members? Would have to be assumed they have 1000 members now given the recent intake.

If the question is how many do I think they allow,then-2
if the question is how many do I think they should offer-4

Also option C-happy to be wrong if over 4

If the question is how many do I think they allow,then-2
if the question is how many do I think they should offer-4

Also option C-happy to be wrong if over 4

I'm leaning towards only one or two as I get the feeling card shops will be getting a significant amount of stock given the lean run they've had since 2020 Dominance.

Sadly I think to accommodate this Prestige might also be slightly overprinted but time will tell.

I'm leaning towards only one or two as I get the feeling card shops will be getting a significant amount of stock given the lean run they've had since 2020 Dominance.

Sadly I think to accommodate this Prestige might also be slightly overprinted but time will tell.
good call...
2 box's for SCC members - if we want more, many avenues available to obtain more
And hoping more stock are given to card stores, that way ever body has a opportunity to eat

Back
Top Bottom