2020 Select Footy Stars (Checklist Page 9)

Heard that the corona virus has held up production of these cards

Already been talked about on some FB pages, Select responded with pictures of transport containers full of 2020 cases sitting at their warehouse.

So guessing if there is a issue of some sort, it won't interfere with launch.

Already been talked about on some FB pages, Select responded with pictures of transport containers full of 2020 cases sitting at their warehouse.

So guessing if there is a issue of some sort, it won't interfere with launch.
Very limited stock available, hobby shops might only get a case or 2 each, I know I have to wait till at least second week of March to get anything

Very limited stock available, hobby shops might only get a case or 2 each, I know I have to wait till at least second week of March to get anything
I heard hobby shops 5 cases maximum, maybe less. Not the news I was expecting when I phoned the local card shop earlier.

Would be interested to know what percent of available stock has been allocated to hobby shops.

Are there likely to be plenty of cases available at full price through the website?

I heard hobby shops 5 cases maximum, maybe less. Not the news I was expecting when I phoned the local card shop earlier.

Would be interested to know what percent of available stock has been allocated to hobby shops.

Are there likely to be plenty of cases available at full price through the website?
No idea on percentage and yes I would assume select will have plenty available on there website, it’s not ideal but once they get the second shipment will be plenty available

Limit the stock you have to the major resellers in the interim, and put most/the rest on the website at full retail.

Maximise your margins!!!!!

I confirmed with Robbie at Select today they won’t have cases available on their website until the second shipment of stock arrives “in a few weeks”.

I confirmed with Robbie at Select today they won’t have cases available on their website until the second shipment of stock arrives “in a few weeks”.
I wonder if they limit how many boxes you can order?

this would explain why they aren’t up on the website yet. Wonder if they have a cap? Won’t be surprised if it’s a sellout on Friday with only half the stock available

Wonder what the odds are, similar to red diecut i assume.

Select Footy Cards
2 hrs ·
***2020 FOOTY STARS PREVIEW 7***
We continue our preview of the upcoming 2020 Footy Stars release today with a look at one of our Fireworks Diecut cards, featuring the Carlton Football Club's Ed Curnow!
The 2020 Footy Stars set is jam packed this year with some old favourites, along with some brand new inserts, and is on sale from Friday 28th Feb. Stay tuned for more previews to come...
Image may contain: 1 person

Select Footy Cards
2 hrs ·
We continue our preview of the upcoming 2020 Footy Stars release today with a look at one of our Fireworks Diecut cards, featuring the Carlton Football Club's Ed Curnow!
The 2020 Footy Stars set is jam packed this year with some old favourites, along with some brand new inserts, and is on sale from Friday 28th Feb. Stay tuned for more previews to come...
They are numbered so I was thinking they are a box hit perhaps maybe 3 a box tho 🤷‍♂️

Select Footy Cards
2 hrs ·

I’d expect this would replace the black / Tye dye starbursts and be 1:36 packs.

From what we've seen so far, perhaps suspected breakdown:

Jigsaw cards 1 per pack
Blue ice diecuts 1:3 packs
Contested beast 1:6 packs
Milestone games 1:9 packs
Leopard star burst 1:12 packs
Fireworks die cuts 1:24 packs
Galactic star burst 1:72 packs
Brownlow predictor gold 1:36 packs
= Gold predictors /225
= Platinum predictors /50
= Team colours predictors /25

Last edited:
Oh my how many more starbursts can Select come up with?

Select Footy Cards
24 mins ·
***2020 FOOTY STARS PREVIEW 8***
Our preview of the upcoming 2020 Footy Stars release continues today with a look at one of our Galactic Starburst caricature cards, featuring the North Melbourne Football Club's Jasper Pittard!
No photo description available.

Oh my how many more starbursts can Select come up with?

Select Footy Cards
24 mins ·
***2020 FOOTY STARS PREVIEW 8***
Our preview of the upcoming 2020 Footy Stars release continues today with a look at one of our Galactic Starburst caricature cards, featuring the North Melbourne Football Club's Jasper Pittard!
No photo description available.

Galactic you say? That's a "Revolutionary" name

Just found the other starburst, "explosion", these are only in the starter pack.

The galactic one above is a numbered starburst, as well as the fireworks die cut is also numbered?
you must be stoked with another starburst card @Matt26 . lol

1582244637546.png

1582244882624.png

Looking like a great series one all things considered.

Looks like the trick will be getting hands on boxes at release.
Yep won’t be much around, I don’t get my cases till probably mid March, should be plenty of starter packs around as they didn’t get delayed

Back
Top Bottom