2020 Select Brilliance

Thought this about Buddy. Life comes at you fast

If Buddy played his whole career at the Hawks I have absolutely no doubt his cards would be some of the most expensive stuff money could buy, if released in line with today’s cards. Difference being Dusty is playing his best footy right now at the height of collecting where low numbered premium stuff is getting punched out regularly. Franklin hasn’t been a superstar for a few years now, just before the hobby boomed.

Cant believe how much North and WCE cards have dropped off, a few years ago they were some of the highest valued cards, now Schimmelbush cant even sell for $150 on eBay

Cant believe how much North and WCE cards have dropped off, a few years ago they were some of the highest valued cards, now Schimmelbush cant even sell for $150 on eBay

That was best offer accepted at a start bid of $141. The sale price doesn't show, but would have been much higher than $141 for seller to accept

If Buddy played his whole career at the Hawks I have absolutely no doubt his cards would be some of the most expensive stuff money could buy, if released in line with today’s cards. Difference being Dusty is playing his best footy right now at the height of collecting where low numbered premium stuff is getting punched out regularly. Franklin hasn’t been a superstar for a few years now, just before the hobby boomed.
agree..with every word of this.:thumbsup:
buddy's D.P.S should be up there with the iconics (and it was for a time there) its the numbering and leaving the hawks that made it fade to the back ground..

WCE are definitely a exception to the general rule at the moment.

Considering we are one if not the biggest club in the sport, we actually have a very small collecting base which also barely increased in the last year compared to a lot of other teams from the boom (Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton) maybe due to lack of lockdown here in WA.

Another factor I believe is contributing is merely the fact we are just not a Melbourne based team, we are not part of the AFL hype gripping the scene at the moment.

Most WCE cards within the last year have been quite available and at very good pricing (My wallet is very happy), especially when you factor in Supremacy if you ignore that one particular Ebay seller. The hardest card I would say to obtain would be the Oscar Allen Showstopper and that's because of his rising star status and some mass PCing of his cards by non-WCE collectors.

If definitely a interesting situation and one I would love to have more stats on.

agree..with every word of this.:thumbsup:
buddy's D.P.S should be up there with the iconics (and it was for a time there) its the numbering and leaving the hawks that made it fade to the back ground..

The other card that should be one of those “iconic cards” is the Buddy platinum die cut from Dynasty. Numbered to only /130 in an extremely popular release, at one stage it was a $600 card and very hard to find. It completely lost its shine once he left Hawks and last one I saw sell was only around $300.

This topic is interesting as im sure you guys are aware i am a gws and gc collector and i pc specific players. In the last four or so years i have had several of my pc players up and leave (jaeger omeara, jack martin, dylan shiel, jye caldwell, aiden bonar, gary ablett). Everytime they leave it has been the opposite of buddy and their cards just doubke overnight. As a person who doesnt sell his pc and doesnt intend to i hate it as it just means i have more conpetition and have to pay more. But it does highlight how big an influence the mix of player and club is and the reasons why buddies have dropped.

The other card that should be one of those “iconic cards” is the Buddy platinum die cut from Dynasty. Numbered to only /130 in an extremely popular release, at one stage it was a $600 card and very hard to find. It completely lost its shine once he left Hawks and last one I saw sell was only around $300.
its always interesting once a player ( a big time player) leaves a popular club.Buddy moving to the swans did not help aswell..
He was the hot ticket item for a long time and that D.P.S/plat was bigtime.
Just this week Treloar leaves (pushed out) and his footy finest hits the bay at a reduced price, still at the pies its a $500+ card

Back
Top Bottom