2020 footy stars prestiege release.

Top 35 plus 1 wildcard would have been nice, though does create some value on certain teams wildcards

Anticipating gold variant showstopper, though would be nice if it was a signature variant

Still considering the red & green parallels, vote getters and engine rooms...very good box value

Looking forward to Friday

I'm with you. the showstopper with a sigh would of been fire.
still pumped for the release..some nice low numbered cards to collect!
bring on friday

I’ve grabbed one box. Don’t touch Footy Stars but thought I’d grab one of these. I personally like the different colour parallels, like the last Future Force release. They look good together. Hit the right teams and players and could be good value for money.

imagine if they had a past player showstopper to marry up with series 1. Modra adelaide - daicos collingwood - etc etc. So it would be a player from the past and a current day player (from Series 1).. just my 2 cents worth..
An Andrew Krakouer or Nathan Brown would be nice for Tigers. If another current day player...Shai Bolton

Given the way the series has been so far, highly doubt it would be anyone but the initial player from series 1.

That's a fair point, there are a helluva lot of parallels in this series.

We did see some new designs with Engine Room and Vote Getters though so might be a surprise yet.

Given the way the series has been so far, highly doubt it would be anyone but the initial player from series 1.

I would say you are spot on. It's pretty much a copy/paste release with a few newbies and tweaks thrown in. I have a feeling they will be exactly the same except for a few minor touches. Probably even use the exact same player image.

Last edited:
I am excited. Admittedly I am newly invigorated into the hobby and Footy collecting, This is the first set I've followed from announcement to release...

I have 4 boxes on order (part birthday pressie :cool:) I like the green/red parallels and the new inserts. Brownlow Vote Getters is a silly name but the names in that set are mouth watering.

Hoping Showstoppers are new players and we get DeGoey somehow but still happy if it remains Stephenson as far as Pies go.

Can't wait to be pulling numbered cards every few packs.. so many chances to hit some great cards!!

Roll on Friday!

when are we to expect the checklist?
Wednesday morning? or nite ?

The only insert that we don't know the checklist for is engine room and potentially showstoppers. The rest can either be figured out from series 1cards or cards shown on Select's YouTube channel

The only insert that we don't know the checklist for is engine room and potentially showstoppers. The rest can either be figured out from series 1cards or cards shown on Select's YouTube channel
hell of a lot easier to view a checklist then go back and do a lot of research.

Engine Room should be the contested beast trio plus the first ruck for most teams.

Back
Top Bottom