2019 TLA NRL Player In Focus - Official Thread

So am I hearing right ? No nrl premiership sets

The sets that were released in previous years (the full team signed sets and/or the unsigned team sets) wont be made this year, they were replaced with the 4 In Focus cards instead.

Cheers
Matt

The sets that were released in previous years (the full team signed sets and/or the unsigned team sets) wont be made this year, they were replaced with the 4 In Focus cards instead.

Cheers
Matt
That’s rubbish

Is that what it says on the predictors.

No the Predictors are redeemable for the premiership cards and are completely separate from what I am talking about.

The sets that TLA released at the end of the year (Premiers Auto Set/Unsigned Set) that were sold direct to the market or through people like @Diggaz TC were replaced by the 4 In Focus cards.

A TLA spokesman advised me (via Facebook) that there was no demand for the Grand Final Winner Premiership sets to be released this year...what a load of crap......instead they release 4 'In Focus' cards which were poor at best....The sooner Select re-grab the NRL License the better in my book.

Might be a hard sell when a team goes back to back.
So does that mean if you do not go online to get the the 4 pif cards you do not get any thing for the roostets this year except for the roosters 2 cards for the predictor.
In a way thats smart business, forces every one to buy traders to get a roosters predictor.
Look at the other side of the coin, you are forcing everyone to buy traders, or forcing the second hand market to buy a predictor to get a couple of cards.
Either way its not real rewarding for any team collector, bit of a let down.
Are they scaling back.
Sounds like it to me.

I'm not defending anyone, just posing a potential factor...!

I disagree with forcing collectors into buying anything - reward your loyal clientele! Premiership sets - whether 4 or 20 cards - should be printed as a limited set and available until sold, not randomly announced on facebook. That gives everyone a chance to collect a part of the premiership.

As regards scaling back, personally, I think that recently there has been over-reach - with double premiership sets, double sig cards, endless mojo sets and 1-of-1 cards. These only go to a small fraction of the collecting community and effectively end master sets. As a team collector, I hate it when there are cards that are not 'available' - like 1-of-1s.

Achievable collecting goals is a win for all.

I'm not defending anyone, just posing a potential factor...!

I disagree with forcing collectors into buying anything - reward your loyal clientele! Premiership sets - whether 4 or 20 cards - should be printed as a limited set and available until sold, not randomly announced on facebook. That gives everyone a chance to collect a part of the premiership.

As regards scaling back, personally, I think that recently there has been over-reach - with double premiership sets, double sig cards, endless mojo sets and 1-of-1 cards. These only go to a small fraction of the collecting community and effectively end master sets. As a team collector, I hate it when there are cards that are not 'available' - like 1-of-1s.

Achievable collecting goals is a win for all.
John, could not agree with you more, just a more polite way of letting people know your thoughts, without the bletting B Crap.
Having 1 of 1s is a crap idea, if you want to keep more people collecting your product and spending money, get rid of them, have a golden ticket for each club, that's a lucky prize.
stop producing so many bloody parallels, there only stocking fillers.

May have missed in this thread but looking for the following info. Need the print run for the following

IF 05 Cody Walker
IF 07 Cameron Smith
IF 08 Greg Inglis Retirement
IF 10 Kayln Ponga
IF 11 Mitchell Pearce
IF 12 Liam Martin
IF 13 Bronson Xerri
IF 16 Tevita Pangai Jr
IF 17 Cameron Smith
IF 19 Paul Gallen
IF 20 Kenneath Bromwich
IF FW 01 Mitchell Moses