2019 series 2 whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other 2 would have the common card parallel (numbered once again) and the Premiership predictors (nothing changed there - if it's set in stone your team has no chance this season you may only be paying as little as $5 as opposed to $100 if it does)
Haven’t we already seen the parallel?
The 3 hits still to be seen should be premiership predictor, captain sig and then one other similar to last years next gen sig

Not that I know of, but correct me if it has?

Even if there is another Next Generation signature, I'd personally suspect one of the following:

Bulldogs: Tony & Tom Liberatore
Essendon: Ken & Dustin Fletcher

(love to see a Phil Kelly (Kangas) and Josh Kelly (GWS) of one of these but most people would tell me I'm dreaming lol)

Or speaking of Pies supporters, maybe and uncle and nephew concept, inclusive of Tony Shaw and his nephew Reece?

Not that I know of, but correct me if it has?

Even if there is another Next Generation signature, I'd personally suspect one of the following:

Bulldogs: Tony & Tom Liberatore
Essendon: Ken & Dustin Fletcher

(love to see a Phil Kelly (Kangas) and Josh Kelly (GWS) of one of these but most people would tell me I'm dreaming lol)

Or speaking of Pies supporters, maybe and uncle and nephew concept, inclusive of Tony Shaw and his nephew Reece?
Yep parallel has been shown, check the Facebook and the YouTube.

Parallels have been shown, here’s the design.

C2C0646A-6701-4D8A-BEFB-96DB4347B5D1.jpeg

Good chance they go back to the one premiership predictor

Could be right, if they're previewing in reverse order, would have thought the Premiership Predictors would already have been revealed so Premiership Redemption a chance.

3 previews to go - wonder if the Dominance cards are the alternate case hit for non captain signature teams or are those not yet revealed?

Premiership Predictors or Premiership Redemption
Captain signatures
??

It is coming to my attention that any box with a captain signature (1:12 boxes) will not have a bottom end signature.

Steve in the video said both draft picks and certified (players ink) will be lower numbered than last year:

That'd mean each card out of 165 as opposed to 180; leaving an abundance of 540 on spare when you do the maths - that equals the abundance of case hit signatures.

Bottom line is still one signature per box whether be draft pick, players ink or captain - not two

Ok so this looks to be the ratios according to what I've learnt so far:

Parallel commons 1:3
All Australian 1:6
Timeless 1:9
Rookie cards 1:12
Medal winners 1:72

Draft Pick signature 1:80
Player's ink signature 1:80

High flyers all clubs 1:3-4 boxes

New concept out 60 for all clubs we're yet to see; 1:216

Premiership redemption;
001-180 premiership player 1
181-270 premiership player 2
271-540 premiership player 3

Dominance black /60 1:432
Captain signature /60 1:432

Rhodium refractor /30 1:432

(In other words something like the IC card concept in 17 certified not on check list or strictly speaking select won't encourage us collectors to perceive as a legitimate part of our collecting goals - like what a joker is to a poker card set)

Alternatively another big hit signature like generation next last year and speaking of suggestions I've made in previous posts?

Aye?
I think you may have over complicated this one mate.

My expectation is as follows:

Parallel Commons - 1:3
All Australian - 1:6
Timeless - 1:9
Rookie Cards - 1:12
Draft pick Signature - 1:72
Players Ink Signature - 1:72
Medal cards - 1:72
High Flyers - 1:144
Dominance - 1:432
Premiership Redemption - 1:432
Case hit (BTB Captain Sig) - 1:432
Big hit sig (possibly) - 1:2500ish

The above ratios will provide an exact average of 27 (not including the chance of a mega hit 1:2500ish) inserts per box or exactly 75% of packs. Which would be roughly in line with what Select would aim for.

And to answer your point before, there will be a DPS or PIS in every box. No further maths required 😜

Last edited:
Has there been any confimation of a captain signature or is it just speculation

Everyone seems to be talking as if they are happening, but I'm yet to hear anything about them. Sounds legit but I'll wait to hear officially first. If true i hope my Hawks get a Dominance card this year (Tom Mitchell) and Captains card next year.

Everyone seems to be talking as if they are happening, but I'm yet to hear anything about them. Sounds legit but I'll wait to hear officially first. If true i hope my Hawks get a Dominance card this year (Tom Mitchell) and Captains card next year.
Don’t want a Stratton captain sig? I’m sure you could PINCH 1 from somewhere

Aye?
I think you may have over complicated this one mate.

My expectation is as follows:

Parallel Commons - 1:3
All Australian - 1:6
Timeless - 1:9
Rookie Cards - 1:12
Draft pick Signature - 1:72
Players Ink Signature - 1:72
Medal cards - 1:72
High Flyers - 1:144
Dominance - 1:432
Premiership Redemption - 1:432
Case hit (BTB Captain Sig) - 1:432
Big hit sig (possibly) - 1:2500ish

The above ratios will provide an exact average of 27 (not including the chance of a mega hit 1:2500ish) inserts per box or exactly 75% of packs. Which would be roughly in line with what Select would aim for.

And to answer your point before, there will be a DPS or PIS in every box. No further maths required 😜
Ah ha that's more like it: it's just that guy in the preview said DPS and SCS signature cards lower than last year: maybe /180 after all

Ah ha that's more like it: it's just that guy in the preview said DPS and SCS signature cards lower than last year: maybe /180 after all

Even at #/180 that's still a lot of signature cards per player...… Look at the NRL comparable release and its signature cards are #/90 and a limited Parallel at #/40

Even at #/180 these will be a $25 card after the dumping occurs?

Even at #/180 that's still a lot of signature cards per player...… Look at the NRL comparable release and its signature cards are #/90 and a limited Parallel at #/40

Even at #/180 these will be a $25 card after the dumping occurs?
That's it Matt, but isn't that the same with the LS and YG NRL signature bottom ends out of 90 at times? Don't really know the solution?

The key credit I can give select this year is at least they're giving collectors the right idea of what to expect in series ii whereas now it's the other way round:

Last year TLA revealed the sell sheet and/or break down 7 weeks out! But NRL collectors are currently in Limbo still waiting like AFL collectors were last year...😮

The key credit I can give select this year is at least they're giving collectors the right idea of what to expect in series ii whereas now it's the other way round:

Last year TLA revealed the sell sheet and/or break down 7 weeks out! But NRL collectors are currently in Limbo still waiting like AFL collectors were last year...😮

Elite sell sheet is out today...…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom