2017 select footy stars (flier attached)

s-l500.jpg

will check out my other series at some stage here is their second year of afl cards with 15 cards in a pack. i do miss the stick of gum though?

s-l500.jpg

will check out my other series at some stage here is their second year of afl cards with 15 cards in a pack. i do miss the stick of gum though?
Thanks for that - I definitely haven't opened any packs from 1994!

However, I don't agree that a reduction in the number of cards per pack means less value - as the cards you're missing out on are just commons. Back in 1994 you got one insert card every 12 packs or so; now you get one just about every pack. I definitely wouldn't say there's less value in the modern-day releases.

No O'meara brownlow predictor but 80 other spuds who have no chance of polling a single vote.

Could be a good year for the wildcard.

If anyone is after Brownlow Predictors all listed on ebay and at a very good price.

Other sellers have listed them, not me.

Last edited:
If anyone is after Brownlow Predictors all listed on ebay and at a very good price.

Other sellers have listed them, not me.

Maybe ive missed something but how do people have these for pre sale already?

Like how many cases do these people buy?

With the amount of players available and 1 per box how can they be sure they are going to pull these players?

PS i think it is very smart not listing them now the 2016 Cyril Rioli Predictor just went for $150 on ebay FFS.

Maybe ive missed something but how do people have these for pre sale already?

Like how many cases do these people buy?

With the amount of players available and 1 per box how can they be sure they are going to pull these players?

PS i think it is very smart not listing them now the 2016 Cyril Rioli Predictor just went for $150 on ebay FFS.

Yeah it sucks shouldnt be able to sell something you dont own!!! And i highly doubt rioli actually went for that, shill bid or off evay sale i reckon

Yeah it sucks shouldnt be able to sell something you dont own!!! And i highly doubt rioli actually went for that, shill bid or off evay sale i reckon

You could be right but i gurantee you it went for that amount. Starting bid was $100.

I want one for my collection but not for $150.

Based on the flier ratios there's going to be 219 commons per box with 221 in the set.

Why would they do that? It's stupid if they have unless I've miscalculated somewhere. There were 6 or 7 spare commons per box last year.

36x8 per box = 288 - 69 = 219

holofoils 1 per pack = 36
footy stand ups 1 in 2 packs = 18
a graders 1 in 6 packs = 6
milestones 1 in 9 packs = 4
starburst 1 in 12 packs = 3
bp 1 per 36 packs = 1
platinum stand ups 1 per 36 packs = 1

Total = 69

Based on the flier ratios there's going to be 219 commons per box with 221 in the set.

Why would they do that? It's stupid if they have unless I've miscalculated somewhere. There were 6 or 7 spare commons per box last year.

36x8 per box = 288 - 69 = 219

holofoils 1 per pack = 36
footy stand ups 1 in 2 packs = 18
a graders 1 in 6 packs = 6
milestones 1 in 9 packs = 4
starburst 1 in 12 packs = 3
bp 1 per 36 packs = 1
platinum stand ups 1 per 36 packs = 1

Total = 69
That's an interesting pick-up. I wonder why Select would do that, or if they just didn't realise. Going to be frustrating trying to find two commons to complete the set!

Compare it to last years release 288 - 61 = full set of 220 plus 7 spare commons per box

commons 220
excel 1 per pack = 36
hot numbers 1 per 3 packs = 12
milestone 1 in 6 = 6
starburst 1 in 9 = 4
T&L 1 in 18 packs = 2
predictor = 1

Total = 61

also means that there is only 3 packs per box this year without an insert in them (not including holo foil)

also means that there is only 3 packs per box this year without an insert in them (not including holo foil)
Yeah, even though you don't get a full common set in a box it will be good getting something in almost every pack plus the holo foil.

I always remember that set back in 1994! That common base was quite impressive in terms of design! I remember my mate acquiring all 200 cards in that set and I envied him so much! Also did I envy one of my colleagues pulling the Ablett Snr legend card - even though it's now worth only about $30, back then in was like pulling the correct eventual Brownlow Predictor card or something high up lol

Gee the dynamics of collecting have changed since then. What a far cry - nowadays it's nothing to acquire a complete common base set and it seems we've all becoming extremely specific over what footy collectors we are to identify ourselves on a forum like this!

I always remember that set back in 1994! That common base was quite impressive in terms of design!
Actually opened a box of these just the other week.

Ended up with almost 2 full sets (luckily had the couple I needed in a spares box).

Got the average 3 golds, unluckily had 2 of the same one though!

I just got the email from Gimko advertising their break on Wednesday, and down the bottom they attached a few pictures of cards in the release - including this one:

image.jpeg

Now unless I'm going blind, there's no B&F subset on the flyer/checklist. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Back
Top Bottom