2016 Series II/Honours 3 Rumours and Ideas

Well said mate will avoid then. Little things like that slipped my mind but I don't want to add to the monopolisation. I'll stick to dealing with all you guys

If it's a price you're happy with paying then that's not a problem especially when you score a bargain. That's great, you can't turn that down.

But this prelisting stuff is silly, already over 70 sold listings with under 500 listings up, for a series 2 weeks off from release.

The whole pre selling thing you need to look at it from there side, they are businesses that is there sole income, so these sellers would have already ordered and paid for there cases and that's a lot of Money to have tied up when your running a buisiness and you won't get your stock for a couple weeks, so they would need to get money coming back in as soon as possible, and no I'm not 1 of the people pre selling but I can see why they need to do it and most of the time the pre sold stuff you can get cheaper than after release

They take a chance going early as does the buyer. Last year I overpaid a bit pre-sell based on what cards ended up going for but i underestimated the effect of the certified sigs being numbered to 400.

This year, numbered to 240, should be a safe bet.

Plus it seems to me there is quite a large discrepancy in the quality of the players so im also gambling the good ones will end up being worth more than $40.

Also save heaps on postage buying from the 1 seller. Bought 7 cards so essentially get one free.

For me personally, buying early also stops the itch to buy a box which my head says isnt as sound an investment.

At the end of the day, each to their own.

I think $40 for a certified sig numbered to 240 is cheap as you said they were selling for $40 last year during pre sale and early in release then dropped off, but I can see some of the players being worth more than $40

Think I have to agree with you Bob! I guess the purpose for those players you mentioned are simply for team set collectors as a consultation for not getting a jersey card and IMO I wish Steve Johnson was the chosen Giant for Footy Finest as far as I'm concerned Select have endorsed Cameron enough within front end insets accumulating all 18 clubs. In saying that though, I partially understand why others may not necessarily agree with me as many cats supporters might be squeamish to see Stevie J on a high end card outside the good old old blue hoops lol!

I agree I think Cameron has been done to death lol I wouldn't have minded a Heath shaw or Ryan Griffen either. Or even a Dylan Shiel or Callan ward. I know they have sigs this year but Shiel and ward both have very little high end cards compared to Cameron who has a glut of cards to choose from. Having said that I have nonissue with Cameron just think there are better options

I agree I think Cameron has been done to death lol I wouldn't have minded a Heath shaw or Ryan Griffen either. Or even a Dylan Shiel or Callan ward. I know they have sigs this year but Shiel and ward both have very little high end cards compared to Cameron who has a glut of cards to choose from. Having said that I have nonissue with Cameron just think there are better options

I feel a bit the same way with how Select treat Sam Mitchell. He is clearly a champion of the game but when they selected him as one of the Premiership Redemption signature players, I scratched my head a bit. He already has a Top Prospect and Captain Signature card, a 3rd sig was kind of unnecessary and could have been better used on a player who hasn't signed. Now he has yet another high end insert to his name with the Footy's Finest card.

Could you imagine if he selected for the Hawthorn guernsey patch sig lol.

It's great Select are pumping out quality inserts, so it's better to collect something than nothing.

Last edited:
latest post of select facebook page
Our upcoming ‪#‎SelectCertified‬ release features a number of limited edition inserts, including our brand new Certified 460 set. There are 220 cards to collect, with each one individually numbered to 460 and available as a one in 3 insert! In stores from Thursday 21st July...

Anyone heard anything on a Hall of Fame update?
If ive missed in another topic, apologies, have looked everywhere without any luck.

Back
Top Bottom