2014 NBA Draft (Who are we collecting?)

Real Name
Bainy
eBay User
rumble_the_bison
I like my rookies so here's who I've got on my shortlist:

Dante Exum (depends how $$$ his cards get unfortunately :()
Elfrid Payton
Jordan Adams
Shabazz Napier
Spencer DinWiddie

So some of these players will probably make up my All Star Youth Squad 3.0 next season.

Who've you got and why?

Nik Stauskas, Doug McDermott and whoever catches my eye after I see a few games. 2 guys looked like great players. Always have to try and get someone slightly under the radar because I can't afford to chase people like Oladipo or MCW when prices are always usually high. I have fun speculating on dudes that might have that breakout stretch of games and turn it into a good season

Being a Michigan fan, Stauskas will definitely be on my want list. I also like Aaron Gordon for his potential. They say his outside game is weak, but then again so was Blake Griffin's when he first came into the league as well. Gordon's athleticism (like Griffin's) is off the charts, so I think he could be something really special in a year or two, let alone being on SportCenter Top 10 plays just for his dunks.

It will be interesting to see who ends up being the Oladipo/MCW of this years draft, as this years draft is SOOOO much better, and deeper than last years. Obvious candidates are Wiggins, Parker and Embiid, closely followed by Exum and Randle, and depending on how early in the season Rondo is traded, you could include Marcus Smart in that 2nd tier as well.

I'll grab a couple of Randle cards being a Lakers fan. Also likely to grab a couple of Exums and 1 guy i really liked coming into the draft and was hoping LA would grab was Noah Vonleh, his size and defensive plays would have really suited LA. I hear Randle is a double double machine but Lakers really needed some D and think Vonleh would have done that for them. Thats would be the main 1's for me and maybe add a Smart or 2 all be it thats he is now the enemy!

Marcus smart will likely cost me too much so I'll likely be all out on James young. Might go for Gary Harris too, seems like the kind of player who will most be on the bench this year but could be great in a few years

I'm going with Payton and Gordon. Will be mint to see Oladipo play SG
I don't know much about Payton, but Gordon seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
Probably pump up the Trey Burkes too if Exum shows he can shoot

I wouldn't mind snagging some Embiid prizm's depending on how cheap they are. I might grab and Exum or 2 as well, but don't think I'll PC anybody.

Back
Top Bottom