2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Maybe we as collectors need to see more very low limited edition collector cards every now and then to keep both the top end collectors happy and the every day collector happy as well? For example the 2009 Captain's signature cards were amazing because they were a very low limited release and collectors are always trying to pick these up when they can afford it , and even the Black league Leaders are super collectable because of the very low run. You need cards like this in everyones collection's as these are the card's every wants to crack open from a pack. Top end and lower end collectors both dream about these cards and it keeps the collecting card game healthy. I know for example when I find a signature card that has a run of just say 300+ , I know that after 3-4 months after release they are going to sell for almost 1/2 of there 1st week of release value so why would you even want to buy early when you can wait a few months to then pick it up cheaply. Compare this to the Black League Leader cards early on when they were released the prices were alittle on the high end but then dropped for a while but now there getting super hard to find at even the top end prices!. That's the collecting game boys but I really think really low numbered cards are a must for every forthcoming release.

'Most' collectors bust a low number collectible card do two things.

First they excitedly tell everyone. Then they put it on Ebay.

Just a thought.
How would this go down - similar to American sports cards, low numbered inserts or parallels/variations. Our market is much smaller so these may provide a bit of a boost to overall set values. Parallel variations numbered as low as /5 then /10, /25 etc. up to /100 or /150.
Of course there could also be a case for a larger, low numbered insert set in a given release. Perhaps a signature or jersey set (mmmmm, sweet, sweet jersey cards) with limited numbers but a wider scope of players - three or four per club at least. Same number of cards, just more players, each signing fewer cards.
Much easier to pull a decent low numbered hit per pack or box.

I'd like to see a really, really, really, really, really, really posh set.

1 card per pack. 36 cards in the set. $50 a pack. Guaranteed signature and jersey card in every pack. Top end. 36 packs per box.

Would save people plenty of time busting packs for commons and sorting them or turfing them out. No dilemma if you're going to get a 'hit', won't walk away disappointed.

I hope so Owen , have a look at the USA Baseball and Basketball collectors card market. Almost every new release has a top end signature card to collect and you as a collector know if you crack that pack open with one of these cards inside it's happy days ahead. The sooner Esp do this it means the better long term investment for the collector.

I hope so Owen , have a look at the USA Baseball and Basketball collectors card market. Almost every new release has a top end signature card to collect and you as a collector know if you crack that pack open with one of these cards inside it's happy days ahead. The sooner Esp do this it means the better long term investment for the collector.
Hmm. Not sure about that. I paid about $120 for a box of NBA recently and best i got was an auto worth about $8.

No commons or parallels...... just inserts and Sigs.
You would be able to make do with one folder.

Wasn't Something mentioned in a previous thread that with this set if you buy a case it contains a whole set with all numbered cards being the same number.?

Last edited:
I understand Owen , but like what was posted in this thread a few lines back would it not be cool to have the chance to crack open a pack of cards to at least know you were going to hit someone's signature? One signature card per pack at whatever the cost at least knowing that you might hit a signature GI card or even a signature G Rose card haha?.

I'd like to see a really, really, really, really, really, really posh set.

1 card per pack. 36 cards in the set. $50 a pack. Guaranteed signature and jersey card in every pack. Top end. 36 packs per box.

Would save people plenty of time busting packs for commons and sorting them or turfing them out. No dilemma if you're going to get a 'hit', won't walk away disappointed.

Ive been trying to think of something like this for a while, But i think that unless these are sold direct from ESP (or the like) Dealers, and those in the know will just buy cases and sell cards for massive profits, And this wont help anyone!

Hmm. Not sure about that. I paid about $120 for a box of NBA recently and best i got was an auto worth about $8.
Rambo-5-sylvester-stallone.jpg

They could sell Case 00 in an auction and cash up Men of League.

Or make a Men of League set to sell at games/clubs and profits go to Men of League.

And I attend footy games…why don't they sell ESP footy cards at footy grounds?

I think the thing for NRL collectors is that its come to the time where some sort of game used cards make their way into releases. They would have to be limited #/50 or less.

Think about the marketing activation they could do showing the player handing ESP their jersey, followed by footage of the cards being made and then followed by a clip of the player signing the cards.

You could also have a QR code on the back of the card which when scanned takes you to the ESP website and shows a catalogue of the patches by serial number to ensure their authenticity. The code could also give you access to show the footage and story behind the card.

Anyway i could go on about this for hours......

The thing i feel more and more often is that while ESP listen (Terry is always open for feedback) and they do produce some nice cards, there is still a whole lot more they could with their licence. I get the feeling that Terry wants to do more but the people he answers to find it all a bit too hard and prefer to play it safe......

Back
Top Bottom