2014-15 NBA Free Agents & Signings

I saw the pacers are trying to get Dragic from them. Can't imagine what they'd be offering of equal value, outside of West & PG there isn't a great deal to be interested in

Cant see Pacers getting Dragic unless he is all of a sudden unhappy with playing with Bledsoe and is making waves behind the scenes. Even if this is the case, I agree, I just don't see what Pacers could offer Suns as a fair trade that Phoenix would be interested in taking, unless it included a Sign and Trade involving Lance Stephenson.

Patrick Patterson signs a 3 year / $18mill contract with Toronto
Toronto trade Steve Novak to Utah for Diante Garret (2nd rd pick)

Boris Diaw returning to Spurs with 3yr, $22m deal.

Jordan Farmer now a Clipper with 2yr, $4m deal.

76ers saying that they'd be willing to help Rockets offload Lin if the deal's right.... I know they'd be taking on an $8m expiring contract, but how much of a helper for HOU would that be?!?!?! Certainly puts them in better position to chase Melo. But until anything's certain, they're still a long way off acquiring Melo, IMO.

Mavs also locked up Devin Harris for 3yrs with original (last season) $9m deal. - Bargain, IMO, given what other teams are paying some FAs right now.

Also, turns out that Rose never actually helped Bulls sweet-talk Melo, Rose was there in the middle of his usual routine workouts, and the coaches, etc took Melo to see Rose working out. Rose said he didnt actually know when Melo was in town.... Whether that's smoke and mirrors, or actual fact, we'll never know, but really, he "didnt know"???

image.jpg

Magic sign Channing Frye to a 4 year / $32m deal.

This move is exactly like the Gortat one that Washington made. Not only did they over pay, but 4 years! He'll be 35 by the time this one expires.

They don't want him to start all he has to do is give a decent 10-15mins which I think he can do. He had a few good spurts there during last season

Magic sign Channing Frye to a 4 year / $32m deal.

This move is exactly like the Gortat one that Washington made. Not only did they over pay, but 4 years! He'll be 35 by the time this one expires.

I'm certain there's a rule stating that a team must spend 90% of its cap every year. Still, there's some nice paydays being had.

I'm certain there's a rule stating that a team must spend 90% of its cap every year. Still, there's some nice paydays being had.

Yeah there is, but the rule says if you don't then the $$ between the 90% mark and the amount committed then gets evenly distributed to all active players on the roster. So it's not reallyyyy an excuse for making bad contracts haha

Yeah there is, but the rule says if you don't then the $$ between the 90% mark and the amount committed then gets evenly distributed to all active players on the roster. So it's not reallyyyy an excuse for making bad contracts haha

It's still not really a bad contract. Frye will stretch the floor giving vucekic room to go to work. Frye is a starter in the league, he was always gonna get around that value from someone.

Back
Top Bottom