2014-15 NBA Free Agents & Signings

Stephen A. Smith: From what my sources told me just yesterday, and I don’t know whether this is true or not so I don’t have it locked down, but I’m hearing that Kevin Love is basically telling other teams 'Don’t bother bringing me long-term because once my contract is up, if I have to serve this last year in Minnesota, I'm going to Cleveland. The man apparently wants to play with LeBron James." ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.qvkkhJ8Q.dpuf

10540917_911749562186902_8437450844173967204_n.jpg

I actually lose respect for players pulling crap like this. Basically just like, if i dont get my way ima grab and ball and bag and go home. Hard'en up guys geez!

The Minnesota Timberwolves have expressed interest in Philadelphia 76ers power forward Thaddeus Young as a potential replacement for Kevin Love, according to sources close to the situation. Sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves, while continuing to discuss trade proposals that would send Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers, have been exploring their options for acquiring Young from the Sixers, either through a separate transaction or as part of an expanded Love trade. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.DVuQFc4D.dpuf

Mo Williams on the move to Minny!

1yr deal worth $3.75m! - That's not a bad deal for Mo at this point in time. Considering what the Mavs paid Jameer Nelson ($2.73).

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent forward Wesley Johnson, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released. “I’m happy to welcome Wesley back to our team and am excited to see him develop further after taking such great strides last season,” said Kupchak. “Wesley possesses elite athleticism, and has the potential to develop into an excellent defender.” NBA.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.FbzxEwgH.dpuf

A potential trade to get Love to the CAVS

From: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Cleveland Receives: PF Kevin Love ($15.7), SG Corey Brewer ($4.7)

Minnesota Receives: SG Andrew Wiggins ($5.5), PF Thaddeus Young ($9.4), PF Anthony Bennett ($5.6), PG John Lucas III ($1.6) and Cleveland's 2018 first-round pick.

Philadelphia Receives: SG Dion Waiters ($4.1), PG J.J. Barea ($4.5), C Brendan Haywood ($2.2), PF Malcolm Thomas (950k) and a 2015 first-round pick (via Miami from Cleveland).

its just a matter of time before k love gos to cavs, would love to see T young go to t wolves

According to ESPN's Trade Machine, Malcom Thomas cannot be traded in combination with another player for two months - expires September 2015???? But can be traded on his own.
They'd also need to wait out Wiggins' 30-day cool-off after signing his contract.

Cavs naturally get better with Love playing the 4, but IMO, they now lack a natural SG.
Seems to me, the SG position will be filled with spot-up three-point shooters; Brewer, Miller, Jones & POSSIBLY Ray Allen coming on board.

If Love is that hell bent on going to Cleveland to the point he's claiming he won't renew a contract with anyone else next year.. why the hell would you throw away Wiggins now???
Wait till next year, get Love as a FA and then trade Wiggins for ??? (thinking centre or 3 great role players off the bench)

Cleveland wont be under the salary cap to sign him next season with two max contracts in Kyrie & LeBron. They will have about 45M in contracts and thats if they don't sign anyone else beyond the 14/15 season and have their 1st round draft pick cap holds. The salary cap will probably be around 57M, so you would be asking Love to take under 10M a season which wont happen. Whereas if they trade for him they will have his bird rights and allowed to sign him to a new contract where they are allowed to go over the cap.

^ That makes sense, I didnt think of that. Cavs also have what, 5-6 1yr contracts, so they have to think about what they'll do next off-season for re-signing, but depending on how they go this coming season, they may have others lining up wanting to wear a Cavs jersey...

Things aren’t looking good when it comes to negotiations between the Phoenix Suns and their restricted free agent star guard Eric Bledsoe. According to league sources, an “ominous development” has arisen with sides still “very far apart” in contract negotiations. It has even escalated to the point where the “relationship is on the express lane to being ruined,” a source with knowledge of the situation informed CSNNW.com. CSNNW.com

The Suns offered Bledsoe a four-year, $48 million deal with declining salaries each year, two sources said. That proposal was quickly turned down. Bledsoe’s camp is putting a max price tag on the player Suns Head Coach Jeff Hornacek called “a Top-10 player in the NBA in coming years”, another source said. CSNNW.com

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.Ob2Kp2ZC.dpuf

Back
Top Bottom