Baseball 2010 MLB Predictions

matm

Let's go Yankees
Real Name
Mathew
Time to start up the baseball thread with some predictions for the season ahead.

Let me know your thoughts.

All Star Game winner: American League
American League winner: New York Yankees
National League winner: LA Dodgers
World Series winner: New York Yankees
AL MVP: Evan Longoria (Jeter is due)
NL MVP: Troy Tulowitzki

All Star Game winner: American League*
American League winner:Yankees*
National League winner: Philly
World Series winner: Yankees in 4
AL MVP: ARod to have a smashing year (Maybe Mauer if he can reproduce)
NL MVP: Pujols

HR Derby Winner: Howard
NL Cy Young: Halladay*
AL Cy Young: Lincecum

* = Take it to the bank :)

Mark.

Some of these "Predictions" are taking little into place other than past trends and personal favorites as far as I can tell.

Detroit=SERIOUS rebuilding.
Oakland=Seem to have built the most progressive and threatening pitching staff in baseball. Reminiscent of 1992 Braves
Orioles= Building a well balanced power/pitching roster.

My POV

American League winner:Boston
National League winner: Dodgers
World Series winner: Dodgers in 5
AL MVP: Joe Mauer. Remember,stats are a lot of it, but money and popularity are a portion as well. This is a VOTED title, not a title solely awarded based on skill. A-Rod is getting HGH attention again this week and people will be reminded he took steroids,period.
NL MVP: Kemp
Stat VS Stat this man is on top,overall. One of the best,low key players, if not the best.
I think with the level or writing and attention he got towards the end of last season,there will be a continuance influencing submissions and votes

HR Derby Winner: Prince Fielder
NL Cy Young: Tommy Hanson or Stephen Stasburg. Too much pressure on baseball to go with the new and hot. I think there will be a lot of upset people this year.
AL Cy Young: Try not to giggle, I think Ryan Perry is going to blow baseball away this year.

National League winner: Cardinals
AL MVP: A-Rod
NL MVP: Pojuls

American League winner: New York Yankees..

National League winner: Dodgers or Philly..

World Series winner: New York Yankees 4-2..

AL MVP: A-Rod or Joe Mauer..

NL MVP: Pojuls ...

Time to start up the baseball thread with some predictions for the season ahead.

Let me know your thoughts.

National League winner: LA Dodgers
AL MVP: Evan Longoria (Jeter is due)
NL MVP: Troy Tulowitzki

ASGW - AL - They win it every year! NL won it a few years in a row from 1994, but that's it!

AL Pennant - Tampa Bay Rays - but only if Upton does what he can.

NL Pennant - Los Angeles Dodgers - they're my team - Ethier, Kemp, Manny, Loney (with some power) plus Kershaw, Billingsley & Broxton = a top side!

World Series - Rays - they will beat LA with their speed! Martin is a fading D and O catcher - sad to say, but the Rays running game, with Crawford, Bartlett, Upton + power of Pena, Longoria, Zobrist, Burrell & Joyce. With Shields, Garza & Price, the Rays are built for the short series.

NL MVP - Poo Holes - He has it all, icluding the nasty name. No pitcher wants to taste his stuff. Otherwise, take a Holliday.

AL MVP - Grady Sizemore - The sheilas love him, and if he gets healthy and raises his BA by 50 points, he's there. A move to #2 in the order will help.

(Pedroia gets my vote for worst MVP ever. Ugly player, surprising offensive stats appeared good, based on his position, and in a year when everyone else failed. Default MVP!)

NL CY - Adam Wainwright - I was going to pick a reliever, but 15 wins was good enough for the CY last year... I have NFI!

AL CY - King Felix - He has got IT! Not much run support though, so Fausto Carmona as a smokey - even with the 6.32 ERA last year... he has a bit more experience than the 'King'.

Story of the year - The Rookie/2nd Year crop! - Jason Heyward, Stephen Strasburg, Andrew McCutchen, Brian Matusz, Pedro Alvarez, plus any Marlins players! No-one has heard of any of the Marlins players, and they will all be stars by the end of the year. KLO4 their pitching!

World Series - Rays - they will beat LA with their speed! Martin is a fading D and O catcher - sad to say, but the Rays running game, with Crawford, Bartlett, Upton + power of Pena, Longoria, Zobrist, Burrell & Joyce. With Shields, Garza & Price, the Rays are built for the short series.

AL CY - King Felix - He has got IT! Not much run support though, so Fausto Carmona as a smokey - even with the 6.32 ERA last year... he has a bit more experience than the 'King'.

Story of the year - The Rookie/2nd Year crop! - Jason Heyward, Stephen Strasburg, Andrew McCutchen, Brian Matusz, Pedro Alvarez, plus any Marlins players! No-one has heard of any of the Marlins players, and they will all be stars by the end of the year. KLO4 their pitching!

Rays? My Yankees are about to trounce them :) I don't rate their pitching personally. Garza is alright, but Price is too young at the moment and what little I saw of him last year, not to excited about. Sheilds and the other 2...meh. There key man is BALFOUR :D

Hope Felix can win it - I have a dual signed Felix/Bonderman card...I think I over paid for it last year so would like it to go up in value. ;)

re: Marlins - whats there to like apart from Rameriez and maybe Maybin?

Anyone know if T.W.I.B is being shown on OneHD this year?

Mark.

Yeah I'm by no means confident about the Rays - I have a gut feeling they may do something similar to 08, as long as Upton pulls his finger out... And Go Balfour!!!

I like the Marlins because they always have the best rookies every year! Ramirez is a genius, Uggla and Cantu will hit a few out, as can Cody Ross, but mostly, their starters - Johnson, Nolasco, Volstad, etc will hold them up well. I think!

Ouch... Heyward has struck out 8 times in 16 AB's!

---------- Post added 10-04-2010 at 02:05 PM ----------

NL Cy Young: Halladay*
AL Cy Young: Lincecum

* = Take it to the bank :)

Mark.

Did Lincecum get traded to the AL?

Price kick our ass today!

He pitched very very well for a young pitcher. He throws hard!

We (Yankees) need Tex to start cranking it up!

Back
Top Bottom