2010 FIBA World Championships Official Thread *SPOILERS*

Aussie's smack Germany by 35!! I know Germany is a very young and raw side but to demolish them like we did shows we are in decent touch!! Also helps that Germany shot just 26% from the field! I think we are looking good for a 2nd or 3rd finish in the group! Would have been nice to pick up the Win against Argentina but thats how it goes!! Just as long as we avoid the 4th place and have to face the US in the next round!

Bad loss for the aussies tonight against serbia :(
Currently watching USA vs Iran qtr time at the moment...not a bad start, Chandler had a nice putback dunk! Look forward to seeing some more of those at the Mavs! :D

I can't believe I stayed up at 1 AM to watch that game. What a miserable performance.

Patty Mills just dropped a notch in my book. He can't control the tempo, and had a poor feel of the game last night. Forced shots and just committed turnovers. Everything that you DON'T want from a point guard in the NBA.

Only bright spark was Newley, who I think is good but still needs to develop other areas of his game.

Joe Ingles has essentially not improved any aspect of his game since he came onto the scene.

Very disappointing.

These tall well drilled Euro teams are a different kettle of fish to the NBA. Lots of high key passing, fast D rotations. Mills is a young guy and will be a lot better for it.
NZ struggling with the height of Russia - down 31-25 and can't score...showing some real fight though.

These tall well drilled Euro teams are a different kettle of fish to the NBA. Lots of high key passing, fast D rotations. Mills is a young guy and will be a lot better for it.
NZ struggling with the height of Russia - down 31-25 and can't score...showing some real fight though.

Yeah I was probably being a bit harsh but if you watched the game (don't know if you did or not) you'd know what I'm talking about.

There was just no fight in the Boomers. They constantly made the same mistakes and it just annoyed me. :(

I can't believe I stayed up at 1 AM to watch that game. What a miserable performance.

Patty Mills just dropped a notch in my book. He can't control the tempo, and had a poor feel of the game last night. Forced shots and just committed turnovers. Everything that you DON'T want from a point guard in the NBA.

Only bright spark was Newley, who I think is good but still needs to develop other areas of his game.

Joe Ingles has essentially not improved any aspect of his game since he came onto the scene.

Very disappointing.

Glad I recorded it, that was a woeful display!
Agree, the few games I watched Newley was the standout in each. And Mills had a bad tournament series thats for sure.

Glad I recorded it, that was a woeful display!
Agree, the few games I watched Newley was the standout in each. And Mills had a bad tournament series thats for sure.

Just no fight. I mean I watched Angola verse USA last night, and clearly Angola were overmatched, but at least they were aggressive and competed hard.

The Aussies showed no leadership whatsoever. Really missing Bogut!

Newley definitely the standout. He didn't do anything incredible on the stat sheet but he's probably the most athletic wing we have on the team, is a good shooter and gets to the rim pretty well.

NZ showed plenty of fight - were just outplayed in the end. Penney had 21 but lots of foul trouble. Mika Vukona is amazing for his size and Thomas Abercrombie - a star in the making in the ANBL (unless he goes elsewhere!!).

Jimbo - I did watch the Aussie horror show - just seemed to have no fight - Slovenia wanted to win it bad. It looked like Aust thought they'd win and then couldn't crank it up when they realised they had a fight on their hands.

Looking forward to the quarters - especially Russia vs USA - the Russians are very tall, well drilled and super motivated. As long as they don't **** themselves about playing the US I think they've got a shot...

If they get hot - yes. Lithuania started out stone cold - they also have a rabid home crowd so yes they have a chance. Someone for Turkey has to stop Durant - he was awesome in the semi and quarter...

Back
Top Bottom