1989 Scanlens VFL error card info

phil23_au

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Phillip
eBay User
phil23_au
Hey everyone,

I found this card during my lockdown 4.0 and now into lockdown 5.0 project of sorting through my VFL/AFL cards that I had collected. I can't find any info on whether this is a common error misprint or unusual?? Any ideas? See attached photos. Darrel Baldock is on the front but the Wayne Johnston info is on the back with his card number in the series and printed upside down to the incorrect photo on the front.

IMG_20210722_104226.jpg
IMG_20210722_104148.jpg

Haven’t seen that before but from memory quite a few errors in that set. I can remember photo of Phil Krakouer but name had Jim . Players with wrong team emblem on card.

Hi...according to aussierulescollectables site..Two error cards have been identified in this set. Michael Mitchell and Robert Scott were both issued with cards showing a Carlton emblem in the top left corner, before being re-issued with their correct club emblem.

That Krakouer card was maybe from another set but the emblems I remember. I am sure there was a Tom Alvin card with a bulldogs emblem again possibly another set ,maybe stimorol.

Last edited:
Hi...according to aussierulescollectables site..Two error cards have been identified in this set. Michael Mitchell and Robert Scott were both issued with cards showing a Carlton emblem in the top left corner, before being re-issued with their correct club emblem.
Yes I see that on their website. I can't find any information on this card that I found in my collection. Not sure what to do with it

could be worth letting Aussierules know about it and see what they suggest.
I have the Alvin card with the incorrect logo from that set, the seem to be pretty common.

Back
Top Bottom