1986 Fleer opinions

owen21

Panthers 1991
Real Name
owen
eBay User
roy2053
I have always loved the look and the names in the 1986 fleer set....I am going to embark on collecting the set...

I welcome your advice or opinions.....

major amounts of counterfeit cards are in the market. make sure you do your homework. read up on how to pick them out. there will be plenty a thread on it on here, just do some searching.

once you start it though, you'll be trying to perfect it, upgrading to better versions and before you know it all you are left to get is that damn Jordan RC :cry:

Still waiting to finish mine

Jordan sucks :red:

I'll let myself out for that

I have always loved the look and the names in the 1986 fleer set....I am going to embark on collecting the set...

I welcome your advice or opinions.....

Best of buying an incomplete set first, then set your sights on an the stars and an MJ! Thats how i did it anyway. THo, it can be an expensive set to get, esp if you buy graded!

That's how i did it also. Its the way to go. You dont see many full sets - most of them are broken up for obvious reasons.

are all yours graded? Ive seen entire sets graded!!! i cracked open a bccg MJ so i could have all cards in the set in the same folder just for looks. I know people will prob think its not real or rp but i dont plan on selling it, its for keeps! Besides i have the label for it still, and a couple of others that are graded anyway! ;)

Seems like good advice... I know the Jordan is faked but has anyone seen evidence of any other players being faked or am I safe to buy the other singles ungraded?

Seems like good advice... I know the Jordan is faked but has anyone seen evidence of any other players being faked or am I safe to buy the other singles ungraded?

Lots of fakes. Plenty of other good rookies in this set like Barkley. Just read up on them, know your stuff and proceed with caution.

I've got 1 complete set including stickers, with all the star RCs graded.
I also have one half complete set which i bought for $100 for about 70 odd cards, ill start to finish it off soon.

Best way to go about it is either buy a complete set with star players graded, or buy an incomplete set and source the star players yourself.
Either way it feels great when you finally complete it.

Best of luck!

Take a look around the forums here, there was someone selling off a heap a few months or so ago.

Ebay bulk purchases might help you out too. Probably best to get the rookies already graded JUST to be sure they're not fake.

are all yours graded? Ive seen entire sets graded!!! i cracked open a bccg MJ so i could have all cards in the set in the same folder just for looks. I know people will prob think its not real or rp but i dont plan on selling it, its for keeps! Besides i have the label for it still, and a couple of others that are graded anyway! ;)

You've got an MJ Rookie in a 9-page sleeve in a folder?? :eek:

Yep all the big names are faked aswel, my suggestion is buy a few of the cheap guys and check them out thoroughly and use them as a guide on how to spot the fakes

Take a look around the forums here, there was someone selling off a heap a few months or so ago.

Ebay bulk purchases might help you out too. Probably best to get the rookies already graded JUST to be sure they're not fake.

You've got an MJ Rookie in a 9-page sleeve in a folder?? :eek:

indeed! a MJ in a 9 page, in position 57 of 132. Crazy yes but it doesnt get opended up much, and only carefully.. i personally just wanted to feel the card in hand rather than in a slab. I have a another one slabbed so this way makes a better display of the set, and just suited my folder and personal preference really.

Back
Top Bottom