1986/87 Fleer: Best way to go about it?

Remember When

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
Morning all,

I'm keen to get cracking on a 1986-87 Fleer set, but thought I'd ask those who have tried (and/or succeeded); what's the best way to start?

COMC? Ebay? Here?

I'd prefer to do it slowly, if it means doing it on the cheap. I'm not expecting miracles when it comes to card #57.

What's a reasonable grading condition to expect with most cards from this set?

Cheers.

They are notorious for poor centering (especially on the back) but you can always find them BGS 8.5 or better. If it were up to me I would just get the ones with great front centering and great corners.

They are notorious for poor centering (especially on the back) but you can always find them BGS 8.5 or better. If it were up to me I would just get the ones with great front centering and great corners.

have started on this myself and this advice is spot on....poor centering is everywhere...and be careful of fakes...I have even located PSA cased fakes on my search.....I would go BGS for the bigger cards. That's my opinion

Thanks team. Anyone locally sell them, or is it matter of paying through the nose regardless?

When asking about local sellers and paying through the nose, do you mean of postage or actual card?
If talking postage, COMC lets you combine postage, regardless of the amount of sellers you purchase from.

Good luck with the chase!

When asking about local sellers and paying through the nose, do you mean of postage or actual card?
If talking postage, COMC lets you combine postage, regardless of the amount of sellers you purchase from.

Good luck with the chase!

Mainly paying for the cards themselves.

I did notice that COMC doesn't have many graded cards from that set though.

You should be able to pick up cards of the lesser knowns for fairly cheap. Seen a few ebay auctions in the past with lots of various players which I don't imagine would be worth faking.
I know a few collectors are going for PSA9+ of the whole set so there's a bit of competition for the higher graded cards, but except for the MJ they're all affordable and fairly easy to find.

Thanks team. I bought a bunch of BCCG 8s off ebay last night, for (what I reckon is) a decent price. Here's hoping this is the start of a beautiful friendship collection.

Back
Top Bottom