Current problem with probable Australian scam artist...

AtotheLo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ambrose
FINAL UPDATE: April 16, 2013

The buyer has closed the claim. And to confirm, the item is still in transit but has arrived in Australia as of April 16, 2013.

Thank you to everyone's help in this matter. The support was overwhelming.

...........................................................................................................................
*Updated 11:00AM EST - April 15, 2013*
I've informed Paypal and Ebay of the issues I've been having and I should be covered with signature confirmation.

I've tentatively removed the postal address I had below.

The buyer contacted me this morning with the following exchange:

Buyer:
Ambrose very dissapointed you have chosen to go to blowoutcards forum..
My customer has not received the card and you have made serious acusations.
I suggest if you want me to drop the case once the card arrives that you take the thread down.
Otherwise i will not close the case and i will leave negative feedback"

Me:
"Excuse me? You're disappointed in my every right to post facts as facts in exactly what I've been dealing with? I never lied or manipulated anything. I'm disappointed that you filed a dispute and escalated to a claim without telling me anything. If you file disputes and claims immediately on all your buying transactions then that is a shame. I'm disappointed that you have to resort to contacting me on eBay and threatening me that you won't close the claim AS WELL AS leaving a negative feedback NOT BECAUSE you didn't receive the item, but for some other reason.
Follow through with your end of the transaction, and then we'll talk.
And I don't even know what you mean by your customer has not received the card. Are you buying on behalf of someone else?"

Buyer:
"i buy cards and sell them to people all around the world at a profit... I have no association with anyone .. my only interest in making profit..
If i cancel the case Now, do you agree to take down the posts you made on Blowout and hobbykings immeadiately??
I will allow another 3 weeks for the card to arrive downunder."

Buyer:
"The blowoutcards forum has a name and postal address on it.. Take it down as its in breach of privacy
Once this thread has been taken down i will cancel the paypal claim"

Me:
"I do not want to negotiate with you after the headache you've put me through, but I will tentatively take down the postal address from the thread."

Buyer:
"lets sort this out civilly.. i will cancel the claim so that the money is relesed back into your account immeadiately.
All i ask is that you take down the 2 threads and in particular the address which breaks privacy laws
Please agree and we can move on from this.."

...........................................................................................................................

I hate reading these threads, let alone being involved in the circumstance itself, but definitely need to get this out there to the public so future collectors can know what to do.

I already had a bad feeling about following through with this transaction when the buyer was from Australia.

Item:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337015507&customid=&toolid=10001&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/330890436136?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Events:
March 21, 2013 - card was sold to ebay user ID: michaeljordan232323 (his profile states location of United States, but his mailing and paypal address states Australia)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337015507&customid=&toolid=10001&mpre=http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=michaeljordan232323&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2776

April 2, 2013 - buyer makes payment

April 9, 2013 - I ship card out with tracking and signature confirmation

April 12, 2013 - buyer opens dispute for "item not received", I then upload tracking on paypal's end

April 14, 2013 - buyer escalates from dispute to a claim

I've read nightmares when it comes to a specific few scammers located in Australia.

Can you all let me know what my chances are of winning the case? I've done everything in the book in terms of covering myself as a seller, I didn't bother with filming the packaging and shipping procedure because paypal doesn't count that as evidence (rolls eyes).

Other suspicious facts:

Under ebay order details is the following for shipping details

*Mailing Address Removed*

Yet, when the buyer filed the dispute/claim, it was once again under a different name.

Buyer's name: Amy Matilda Reardon

From what I recollect, there have been some major problems in the past regarding an Amy in Australia.

Can anyone shed any kind of light on this matter for me? This part of the hobby is what ruins it all for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ambrose

I hope you have some good luck with this situation Ambrose.

This is only speculation but could the person be using 1 account for buying and ripping people off and another for selling ?

To me the fact that u have the tracking info and the fact that the are 2 different names used to me loks a hell of a lot better for u but paypal protect the buyer alot more than the seller. I've never heard of either of them names. I'm sure we will as a community here on ozcardtraders keep our eyes out for them. This scamming caper is going to far these days, i was scammed on HK a couple of months ago and my card have now appeared and sold on ebay. I didnt get hit as big as u but it really deflates u when these things happen. Good luck with it mate and let us know how u go or any other info about this person so no one else has to get caught up in this scam.

April 2, 2013 - buyer makes payment

April 9, 2013 - I ship card out with tracking and signature confirmation

April 12, 2013 - buyer opens dispute for "item not received", I then upload tracking on paypal's end

April 14, 2013 - buyer escalates from dispute to a claim

Firstly, please don't shoot us all down for a bad issue. We're not all bad guys down here, and they DO exist all over the world. As a seller, you should also do your homework on your potential buyers.

Now, have you actually RUNG PayPal yet? That'd be the first thing I'd have done. You've provided tracking, it states that it's still "in transit", and there's no way it'd arrive within 10 days. PayPal should shut the case as it's been escalated to claim.

I have my doubts they've re-listed the same card, since your tracking proves the card hasnt even arrived here yet.

Again, GET ON THE BLOODY PHONE!!!

With all this evidence of it being "bond girl" why havent these people been shut down already?!?! We need an online catalog of these rogues and their IDs (and addresses!!)

p.s. you COULD try your luck at international theft if/when the item is delivered. Only I'm not sure how that'd end up. Especially if they re-list THAT card for sale.

If you shipped on the 9th, it's most likely going to take 2 weeks to arrive unless it was express.

Also, the buyers feedback looks excellent and includes a bunch of Fleer Retro PMG's and even a 97/98 Jambalaya Jordan for $4k, all with + feedback.

This is pretty strange.

Pity you can't intercept the package before delivery. Maybe find out exactly where it is and get the PO to e-mail you saying not delivered as backup evidence for e-bay/paypal?

sounds like raymy :(

User ID Effective Date End Date
michael_jordan_bulls23 Apr-08-13 Present
london_olympics* Jul-30-12 Apr-08-13
poker_millions Nov-27-11 Jul-30-12
the_pirates_parrot Sep-02-11 Nov-27-11
bettor_cover_lover Apr-22-11 Sep-02-11
make_me_smile* Oct-11-10 Apr-22-11
bond_girl_007 Jun-06-10 Oct-11-10
bond_girl_007* May-03-09 Jun-06-10
hoops_slam_bams23 Feb-12-09 May-03-09
one_time_lover Nov-06-08 Feb-12-09

geez how aptly named

sounds like raymy :(

User ID Effective Date End Date
michael_jordan_bulls23 Apr-08-13 Present
london_olympics* Jul-30-12 Apr-08-13
poker_millions Nov-27-11 Jul-30-12
the_pirates_parrot Sep-02-11 Nov-27-11
bettor_cover_lover Apr-22-11 Sep-02-11
make_me_smile* Oct-11-10 Apr-22-11
bond_girl_007 Jun-06-10 Oct-11-10
bond_girl_007* May-03-09 Jun-06-10
hoops_slam_bams23 Feb-12-09 May-03-09
one_time_lover Nov-06-08 Feb-12-09

geez how aptly named

Wasn't bondgirl linked to Amy already? Thought there was a thread on that calling her out?

One the original Paypal transaction what was the address in both eBay and Paypal?
If they are the same to the one u posted and it states delivered.
I personally call Paypal and advise them the tracking while staying on the phone and they normally shut the case for right there, I do have a paypal buisness account so I always get out through with someone in the US that understands.
Sometime u get some other countries that don't do it though for some reason but I've never had a problem as long as tracking states same address.

Maybe screen shot the address on eBay they stated to post and forward it along with tracking to Paypal and then give them a call

UPDATE: negotiating with the buyer, he says he will close the case immediately if I take down the threads, I responded asking him to close the claim and I will advise everyone he had done so, and then close the threads

Thank you for all the support so far from around the world, you have all been extremely helpful, kind and assuring, THERE IS HOPE IN THIS HOBBY! lol

Back
Top Bottom