Ufc round 3 uncaged early 2010 release

Jets59

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Freddy
Well, it only seems like yesterday that round 2 came out, but already Topps have announced round 3 will be released early next year. Which in my opinion is waaay to soon. They are just flooding the market. Already round 2 prices are dropping, cases on ebay now at 1300, i saw one the other day at 1150. If they are going to release again this soon they should at least make it more limited then what round 2 was.

Anyway now for the cards.

5 hits a box - 2 autos and 3 relics

Base cards seem a bit, i dunno........lame,bad,terrible, all of the above. They just look tacky in my opinion with the old english font and what not. I dunno, they might grow on me.

But there is plenty to cheer about by the looks. Like the TRIPLE THREAT RELIC (A piece of the mat, fighters gear and piece of the cage on the one card). They now have authentic CAGE RELICS (Yep a piece of the cage) as well as MAT RELICS. Plus the TITO auto is a great addition.

The relic autos look heaps better, hopefully they are all like the jon jones one shown in the link. The lesnar mat relic looks good.

Hopefully the gear cards will be more specific this time, with information about what the piece of gear is, when it was worn etc etc. for all we know the pieces of gear used so far on the cards could be from the cleaners rag at topps.

But yeah if they are inisisting on flooding the market then they should at least make it a lot different, for eg every fighter that has had an auto released so far, doesnt get one in this set. This will at least ensure the original auto will hold some value, and topps could still release an impressive auto set, Liddell, shogun, Vitor, Nate quarry, Tito, matt hughes etc etc etc.

Oh yeah and the link is here,

Topps - UFC :thumbsup:

Looks very cool, love the addition of the triple threat relics, and i see theres a Nogueira version too :)

But at 1st glance i do like the look of the seires 2 cards better.

NOOOO they cant release another series i havent completed the first 2 oh no well there goes any chance to stop spending on cards for a while!!! Its due for early next year release isnt it?

NOOOO they cant release another series i havent completed the first 2 oh no well there goes any chance to stop spending on cards for a while!!! Its due for early next year release isnt it?

lol, im feeling your pain. Yeah early 2010 release, but if its anything like seires 2 it might get pushed back a few months, I know most of the people over at buymmcards.com are blowing up at another set so soon.

But I like some of the ideas in this set. It will be interesting to see what other cards they have planned as it gets closer to release.

And that Anderson Silva gear card is interesting, because the piece of gear looks like it was taken from the shorts he is actually wearing in the photo, so will be interesting to see what info they have on the back of the card.

The autos are disapointing they should have a spiel on the back of the card like the afl draft signatures. Make the cards a little more exciting.

Totally agree about the auto's.

It seems like there has been almost no effot put into the Auto cards for the first two sets. Even the pictures, some of the cards have terrible photo's on them.

Round 1 - have a look at the Paul Kelly auto or the Randy Couture, all you get to see is the back of their heads?? There were a few good ones, but not too many.

Round 2 - a fair bit better, but check out the Rampage auto, surely they could have got a better shot of him! Pat Millitege (??Spelling??) is a pretty crappy picture too. Some of the photo's were good at least - Alves looks awesome, even Gonzaga, looks great.

The back of the cards had seconds worth of effort put into them. Not even stats; hieght/weight (class).

It would be cool to have another card company provide competition, putting out a great set to get Topps to lift their game a bit. Unfortunately the UFC and Topps have an exclusive deal for a couple of years (I think!).

My biggest dissapointment so far in relation to the autos is the dual auto mat cards. The design of these cards is terrible in my opinion, and to top it off they say the relic/piece of mat is not from any specific match or event. What a joke.

Also the gear autos from round 1 are terrible. Look at the GSP one, sells for upwards of 0ne thousand dollars, but seriously, if that isnt the worst looking card ive ever seen, GSP standing there doing nothing, the card is mostly black, and then has a big white square on it with a red auto..............Yeah.

But Dont wanna sound to harsh. I do love we now have UFC cards to collect, and Topps have mostly done a good job, but there is room for improvement also.

In saying all this topps mostly does a far far far better job than select in most areas of card design!!!

Yeah thts the problem with the UFC, everything has to be exclusive. Upper Deck were seriously looking into doing MMA cards, which wouldve been all fighters, not just UFC guys. But they had to pull the plug because the UFC wouldnt agree.

Back
Top Bottom