Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
When it comes to doing trades, do you:

A) Try to keep the BV's as close as even to "make it fair"
B) Trade bait depending, do you make it worth while for the other Trader(s)
C) Dont care too much as long as you're getting something you really need
D) That tight-arsed about it, that if it's $5 difference, you wont do it
E) Other ideas?

I would think that most of the time, if you're getting something you need, and the other person's getting something they need, it's usually pretty straight forward.

There are occasions of course like you wouldnt trade an auto for a common, etc.

Sometimes you might even check Ebay sales to get an idea on card values to help push the trades along.

But what shits me, is comparing BV prices for cards from say 10 years ago, to last year, and cos the later released cards are "rare" (good old Aussie term :lol: ) you tend to think that it's worth more, and wouldnt trade it off..:confused:

Would you trade a #/100 card for 5 commons from 10 years ago? I think MOST of the time, you'd probably near give the card away (unless it was something that you took a lot of pride and joy in).

What's peoples thoughts on all this?

Fire it up if you wish, but make it on topic....

I think it depends on how the card itself does in the market? Sometimes a popular player card that has just been released can get higher than BV. Steady players would probably get BV, and anything else would probably get 1/2 BV.

Here is another question.

If you have a card someone else desperately needs, and they are not willing to pay cash, and they also have nothing you are really after, but continually bug you:
A) should you just take anything for it
B) tell them they are cheap & get lost :p
C) tell them you will trade when they have something you really do need
D) chuck it on ebay and let it run its course

I'm the sort that would...

A) pay through my ass if I had stuff to trade for something I really wanted (nto cash wise.... I wouldn't tho)

B) Expect reasonable darn deals if I am giving up some good stuff of importance to the other person... especially if they are important to me...

But I'm not likely to quibble about BV... in fact I don't care about BV... I care about what I am getting and what I am losing!

jvalles69 said:

If you have a card someone else desperately needs, and they are not willing to pay cash, and they also have nothing you are really after, but continually bug you:

Chuck it on EBAY LOL If someone cannot come to terms with the fact that they don't have what is wanted, won't pay cash, and won't come back later if they have something else and continue bugging you... screw 'em....

If something is out of my range or if a suitable trade can't be worked out... I bow out respectfully... to hound someone is just BS!!!

But hey that's just my two cents worth!

jvalles69 said:
I think it depends on how the card itself does in the market? Sometimes a popular player card that has just been released can get higher than BV. Steady players would probably get BV, and anything else would probably get 1/2 BV.

A person obviously doesnt DESPERATELY want a card if they wont even consider paying $ for it. id do C) if i like them and/or knew them well enough, or if i didnt like em/know em well enough id say B)...maybe not so harsh but :D

My beef is being pedantic to the point where a deal isn't done because of a short fall on one end of a few bucks. Really this place is here for everyones benifit to advance their collections and will you really care about losing out slightly in a deal months later?

Help out the collector coz what goes around comes around ;-)

BV is pretty useless. A medium market value is best used if you can.

Any of you guys that have traded with me before will know that i will always throw in a couple of extras etc..i will always weigh up the bv but im not too concerned as long as we both agree on the trade.i have traded cards with people that are worth $40 and i have recieved a $15 card..it doesnt bother me as long as people remember that we are all here to help each other out and what goes around comes around...and if that is not your attitude then i dont think this is the forum for you.;)

Any of you guys that have traded with me before will know that i will always throw in a couple of extras etc..i will always weigh up the bv but im not too concerned as long as we both agree on the trade.i have traded cards with people that are worth $40 and i have recieved a $15 card..it doesnt bother me as long as people remember that we are all here to help each other out and what goes around comes around...and if that is not your attitude then i dont think this is the forum for you

Yep, thats really what it's all about! :D

I'll help people out where I can, but my girlfriend never lets me get rid of the heaps rare stuff, and anything that basically looks nice. She tells me that if I got rid of my 10 of 10 jersey she'd basically be pissed off at me forever.

I don't really care about BV, cos if I really like a card and im losing out a bit I don't really care especially if I want the card heaps and the person wants the card that I have heaps who really cares.

Shihad said:
I'll help people out where I can, but my girlfriend never lets me get rid of the heaps rare stuff, and anything that basically looks nice. She tells me that if I got rid of my 10 of 10 jersey she'd basically be pissed off at me forever.

I don't really care about BV, cos if I really like a card and im losing out a bit I don't really care especially if I want the card heaps and the person wants the card that I have heaps who really cares.

Yeah with you on the BV stuff....

Sometimes you give more than you get (except ya still satisfied cos its that one card ya need or it brings ya PC up to a nice fine number etc)

and sometimes you get more than ya give....

I think finding that mix between two traders is what is important...

All I know is if ya good to me I'm gonna be darn nice to you...

Especially since i have this one US seller who is letting stuff go so cheap (its like nobody knows he exists or something I can get some good stuff so cheap)... I'm inclined these days to grab a few of those for other people's PCs if I see them...

I generally will try to make BV even in trades, or offer a what I feel is a fair amount when buying. If the other party refuses, I will either adjust or move on, depending on how much more I feel I can give. But if I'm giving up commons for GU/Auto, I'd probably give more (like I did for my recent trade with Cath).

I think all in all people are pretty fair here i dont have much to trade as im just restarting my collection and have had a few people here give me a help along.I also think book value goes out the door when you getting something you really want!

for a smaller card like a nobody using the bv will be a good thing to do. when dealing wid high-end cards sell value is the most uz in making a trade. unless u they put a certain bv on it. a certain card can sell let say for 200 but the guy will put a 400 to 500 bv if going by hobby value.

Guys please listen up.

To those of you with the even money BV theory:

I have a Shaq Finest Orange Test Refractor, BV$1000 (I'm not kidding).

Anyone want to trade? :)

jimmy jackson said:
Guys please listen up.

jimmy i can trade my lebron/kobe/howard but it only books 900 so u still need 100bv extra. :)

BV doesnt concern me most of the time, having said that if its its a trade i try to trade equal amount for equal amount, but also depends on the person if they are after i particular card for their PC then i dont mind getting what would be determines by beckett as "less" for the card or less in the trade, after all its only a guidline?? and as such not set in stone, basically if i think its a fair trade or buy/sell then i will make the transaction, :) but i guess for the hign end cards then i try to go close the the beckett value listed.
thats my 2 cents anyway;)

jimmy jackson said:
Guys please listen up.

I totally agree Wayne, when im trading i look at what a card has been selling for on ebay.com and try and determine a value. Beckett is useless and means nothing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom