Signature Sizes Now Restricted

Bump for the members that ignore this and play dumb when we delete their sigs. If you think a sig is excessive report it and we will deal with it. Remember its total sig size NOT just the pictures. If you have all this writing and in large font etc taking up room along with pics its counted towards the sig size as well.

We aren't' against sigs and we like to see members creations but sometimes it gets to a point where its ridiculous and four posts with one sentence remarks fill a page on a thread due to them.

Is mine good or not? It's not getting cut off that way it was when G limited the size at the start of this thread but I have no idea what size it actually is!

You can right click the pic for it's properties...your pic is 640 px wide and 228 high Ben, overall not really a problem (the text probably takes it to around 300 px vertical).

Some are slightly over and thats not too much but for some like Steve's who's is spot on 300 high I've taken out all the gaps between the text that nearly doubled the size of the sig for eg.

Your pic just gets under the amount of space but then with the added text its slightly over. What I've been doing is when I see text that is too large or has too many lines between each other I've just been deleting the amount of space between each line. That way people have the info they want still in it but you don't have to scroll down the page to read it all. People have their own user page to put pics and info on and even private messages on their wall and most arent' being used much at all.

Basically if it fits in this box Tez, it is ok. Yours is fine mate!

Edit: Oops, full size can be seen by clicking the image.

sig.jpg

Is anybody policing this? some sigs are still massive.
Rob

I think it is time for this to be a firm rule. 300 x 700 is more than fair. It should include any text too IMO.

It is getting very annoying to have to scroll past so much junk to get to the next post, or even worse, having to scroll sideways to read a post when someone has an overly wide sig. :mad:

[/rant]

Use the report post function and save us Admin a bit of time. A few pixels here and there isn't a huge issue imo but ones way over are. Its simply not hard to fit an existing sig into the guidelines set.

Back
Top Bottom