Shocking AFL Umpiring

mrwhite11

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Liam
Did anyone else watch the collingwood v brisbane game? Being a pies supporter i was ecstatic at the win but equally disgusted and disappointed with the obvious byasty of the refing. I kept count and while collingwood only had 4 less free kicks i counted five that were obviously employed to even it up a bit and gave no advantage to the pies while alot of brisbanes free's were in front of goal or vital for their team.
Plz share your thoughts:mad::mad:

I think you mean 'bias', and I think it all evens out over the course of a season.

According to the AFL web site, Collingwood had four more free kicks than Brisbane, so I dont think Pies fans have that much to complain about.

They have nothing at all to worry about. You're just frustrated at Collingwood making mistakes in front of goal, whereas Brisbanes were in less damaging positions. Fact is you outplayed Brisbane and you should be happy and not bother with this kind of stuff.

I didn't realise Mick Malthouse had an OZCT account. Let me guess, you go for the pies, but you live in QLD? Therefore, likely you attended the game, and were influenced by all the whinging and whiny Pies supporters around you. Go to a few Pies games in Melbourne and you'll start believing the umpires and the AFL have a personal agenda against the Magpies, but in reality, the Pies are just sooks.

I think you mean 'bias', and I think it all evens out over the course of a season.

According to the AFL web site, Collingwood had four more free kicks than Brisbane, so I dont think Pies fans have that much to complain about.

They dont need anything to whinge about, theyll whinge anyway. Next complaint will be "THAT DAMN BALL IS TOO RED!!!!!!!!!"

And Eddie's outburst against the umpire touching a pies player is down right juvenile. Players touching umpires is completely different from umpires touching players.

The Pies press has had a horror weekend and done more damage to the Pies name than the mindless thugs that beat up fans. His attack on Dave Hughes and comments that its all speculation and incident probably didn't happen is just ignorance. Eddie is just being a complete DW.

Bunch of sooks upset at the rules and laws being enforced. What there is to be upset about evolving that is beyond most of us not one eyed.

Mate, I know the pressures of umpiring are huge, but Afl Umpiring these days is crap, thats why they got the nickname 'Maggots'

And Eddie's outburst against the umpire touching a pies player is down right juvenile. Players touching umpires is completely different from umpires touching players.

The Pies press has had a horror weekend and done more damage to the Pies name than the mindless thugs that beat up fans. His attack on Dave Hughes and comments that its all speculation and incident probably didn't happen is just ignorance. Eddie is just being a complete DW.

Bunch of sooks upset at the rules and laws being enforced. What there is to be upset about evolving that is beyond most of us not one eyed.

Yeah the Hughes incident was crap Eddie is a loser. But what can you expect it's Collingwood. :rolleyes:

Cheers ;)

I am currently watching the West Coast vs Hawthorn match and i am real frustrated. This umpiring is bull crap. Free kicks every 5 seconds for the hawks. Cox was rucking vs Taylor and Taylor fell a way to make it look like he had been pushed, in which replays later showed that he did'nt get any where near him. Simply crap. That has basically just cost us the game.

I am currently watching the West Coast vs Hawthorn match and i am real frustrated. This umpiring is bull crap. Free kicks every 5 seconds for the hawks. Cox was rucking vs Taylor and Taylor fell a way to make it look like he had been pushed, in which replays later showed that he did'nt get any where near him. Simply crap. That has basically just cost us the game.

same here! and some poor decisions went hawthorns way too. But then the umpires assocciation will come out and say "oh we all make mistakes" yeh but not that many in a 2 hour period!

Back
Top Bottom