Screw Vs Magnetic

adz2332

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
I know its kinda been covered.
But why do people go for the magnetic over the screw type holders?

I cant reali see much differance??

Ahh ok so yer simply just easier.. although once in i wouldnt ever remove the card again?

Ahh ok so yer simply just easier.. although once in i wouldnt ever remove the card again?

thats usually the plan mate but sometimes you do need to take them out. i think the magnetic ones look better than screw downs too, no need for a screw driver either, and i was always scared id over tighten them too, not anymore. all they need now is a magnetic double card holder for signature card + redemption and id do away with all my old screw downs for good :p

Yer actaully that would be a cool idea to have a double holder!
Would be wild!

Daoes any one know where to get the little plastic stands for them?

I use screw downs for my captain signatures from 2001, just make sure the screw down has a card outline in it, if its just two flat plastic slabs it can damage the surface of the card.

ps mate looks awsome, nice little set up! im going to try and do something similar to that.
And i take it the Jordan card is in one of those magnetic ones?
I just bought 15 of the new UV protective magnetic 35pt ones... 35 is the way to go for afl right :S lol!

---------- Post added 07-09-2009 at 02:08 PM ----------

Yer true! thats what i was afraid of... but even if it has the recess in it if its laid face down itll still touch right!

And displaying them like that... its all good to be out in the open right? Just as long as its not like in direct sun light etc??

35pt is perfect for AFL cards mate. the MJ is in a 135pt i think but 100pt is ok for think nba GU cards. that shelf of mine is actually in a spare room built-in cupboard, so i close the door all the time, no sunlight at all.

Mate, displaying them is 100% fine... cards are not as fragile as most obsessive-compulsive collectors make out. Just be sensible, don't have them in direct sun light etc and u will be fine!

oh ok nice... Plus i got the new UV resistant ones... dunno if they help oir what the UV resistant does even lol!

get them from nwcardsupplies.com

I have 90 stands and about 25 more 20pt cases on the way, the brand is Pro Mold and I already have about 60 of them and they are brilliant. 25pt fits AFL and cricket cards perfectly. They look soooo much better in these cases rather than in toploaders etc etc

The Magnetic ones just look good and work as they should!

cheers for the addie! ill have a look thanks mate!

---------- Post added 07-09-2009 at 03:21 PM ----------

sorry dont you mean35?? i havent seen any 20s?

---------- Post added 07-09-2009 at 04:08 PM ----------

also....
is it heat or the sun uv thats the prob etc???

Do the cards warp? or umm sig fade in the sun? or card itself fade??

Whats the major probs???

Back
Top Bottom