Post "whores"

Great point....HBM.

I am one of the people who posts "Nice Cards, Sweet card" etc....but when i post a mailday, i would prefer to receive these comments than none at all...wouldnt you mavs...

I am with HBM on this one....

and thus it comes down to trying to balance the ying and the yang.

too many small identical "nice cards" posts are annoying and pointless, yet if we banned people from doing this, whats the point of maildays etc. people post pics of their cards to get those responses. we need a balance.

Perhaps a post why you think its a nice card. Perhaps you like the autos, perhaps you like the jersey swatches. Perhaps you like the fact that the card is rare as hens teeth!

Some forums similar to this one have a minimum amount of words allowed in order to post, which would fix the "nice card" kind of comments. People wanted to comment would have to make an effort.

That's an option if you want to go down that road.

I think this forum has a minimum characters limit....but the minimum word would be a good idea

Well, I think it's great we can all talk civilised about a topic like this without it ending up in the "Heated Discussions" section, lol!
I personally am happy with any response to my maildays, long or short (I don't think there are too many Pierce admirers out there, lol). I tend to put up some of those "sweet card", "awesome mailday" posts too. Guilty as charged!
I feel just contributing something rather than nothing to a fellow members mailday thread makes them feel better about their recent purchase and more welcome on the forum.

JZA said:
and thus it comes down to trying to balance the ying and the yang.

too many small identical "nice cards" posts are annoying and pointless, yet if we banned people from doing this, whats the point of maildays etc. people post pics of their cards to get those responses. we need a balance.

Which is why I comment on cards/players I like (although it may be only 1 or 2 word responses), but I don't make every post a 1 line sentence that may or may not make sense. That is why people probably reckon you're a post whore.

Also, your figures are inaccurate, as they only date the period you've been a member for, not the days you've actually posted for. Be honest here Jimbo. I'd have my money on your post count being under 250 at the start of the year. That'd mean approx 700 posts in 6-7 weeks. That's what people are probably looking at.

But I had to laugh at the title though. First 2 words that came to mind....

Pot ...

&

Kettle ....

:cool:

clarkescards said:
Which is why I comment on cards/players I like (although it may be only 1 or 2 word responses), but I don't make every post a 1 line sentence that may or may not make sense. That is why people probably reckon you're a post whore.

Also, your figures are inaccurate, as they only date the period you've been a member for, not the days you've actually posted for. Be honest here Jimbo. I'd have my money on your post count being under 250 at the start of the year. That'd mean approx 700 posts in 6-7 weeks. That's what people are probably looking at.

But I had to laugh at the title though. First 2 words that came to mind....

Pot ...

&

Kettle ....

:cool:

hahahah. but seriously, your right dude, at the beginning of the year my post count was down quite far.

My 2c...

I am happy for any compliments or kind words, whether they be "Cool cards" or some PhD level Lockymac stuff ;) Sometimes I will make one-worders because I really don't know what to say or am strapped for time... but I want the person to know that I've seen it and I like it... I guess just to acknowledge them... Having said them, I could see it becoming annoying if it becomes a pattern for specific members.

jimmy jackson said:
Having said them, I could see it becoming annoying if it becomes a pattern for specific members.

Agree totally Wayno, but yeah, it does become quite regular from a few of the same members.

But I guess, there's really no point in worrying too much about it, aye. We all get over it pretty quickly.

:D

As a newbie, I just gotta say... I've joined forums before and lost interest (kind of hard to lose interest at a forum about my fav hobby though), and I generally lose interest because of a lack of substance to replies. Although, sometimes one liners are all that can be said.

I mean if someone's mailday had a fantastic card that just looked awesome and I was thinking "dayam I wish I had that card" I'd either say that or "WOW!!!" because I'd be too busy thinking damn, damn, damn to actually come up with some sort of thought that was comprehendable, because I would be admiring such card very much.

Anyway family are here for breakfast.... I'll be back ;)

Ageed there mate... i mean ive been online when there are like 12-18 others here and hit new posts. RESULT---0.
At least these post hogs give me something to read and the occasional laugh.
Good 1 lads,i for 1 say this site would be pretty dull without you.hehe

Back
Top Bottom