Pies Trio Get Ban!!!!

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
:mad: well just when things looked really bright at the club this shit happens...

Collingwood trio banned after going AWOL

Brought to you by AAP
News

THREE Collingwood players have been banned by the club from playing against Carlton on Saturday because of a weekend off-field incident.

The club said Leon Davis, Shannon Cox and Chris Egan had all disregarded a team directive after Saturday night's victory over Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

All players were told to remain in the team hotel after returning from the ground, but the three players disobeyed that instruction, the Magpies said in a statement.

"(They) consequently have been informed this morning that they will not be considered for senior selection vs Carlton next Saturday," Collingwood said.

"This decision was recommended by the player leadership group and endorsed by the club management."

The trio will play with Collingwood's VFL affiliate Williamstown this weekend.

Views: 4,844

yeah, i heard they were ripping it up down at the Mars Bar on Saturday night, and making some new friends :lol:

(adelaide folks will get it).

yeah, i heard they were ripping it up down at the Mars Bar on Saturday night, and making some new friends :lol:

(adelaide folks will get it).

I'm gonna take a guess at that being an inference of some gay behaviour? In which case if its true I object to it being used in a disparraging way. Nothing wrong with being gay. (Although perhaps prostitutes hang out at the Mars Bar? - again probably not the best thing to be saying ;) )

This is inconsistent bulldust from Collingwood. They should have banned Tarrant and Ben Johnson last year then eh.... I'd hate to be a youngster at Collingwood... not treated with the same respect as anyone else.

Still you do stupid things against team rules you get what you get.

This is inconsistent bulldust from Collingwood. They should have banned Tarrant and Ben Johnson last year then eh.... I'd hate to be a youngster at Collingwood... not treated with the same respect as anyone else.

Still you do stupid things against team rules you get what you get.

Thats abit harsh AJ. I think you will find that our players are all treated withthe same amount of respect. As teammates they decided upon this decision to give them a week off.
Last seasons incident was a learning curve for players to abide by, therfore if anyone broke the rules from then on they will be penalised....

Now that someone has broken these rules they have been punished, enough said...

Silly comment really...

Thats abit harsh AJ. I think you will find that our players are all treated withthe same amount of respect. As teammates they decided upon this decision to give them a week off.
Last seasons incident was a learning curve for players to abide by, therfore if anyone broke the rules from then on they will be penalised....

Now that someone has broken these rules they have been punished, enough said...

Silly comment really...

Maybe the respect bit. But its still inconsistent and probably has something to do with the West Coast stuff.

Hawthorn haven't shown fear, they banned Hodge for a game for breaking team tules a couple years back.

I think if this happened last year, they may not have been banned. Or if it was Anthony Rocca there would not be a ban.

But we won't know this unless Rocca misbehaves eh.

this making a satement that if you break club rules you will pay this is great it teaches disclipine you have to be ruthless sometimes
good on the pies for doing this

i say good on collingwood for actually having the balls to ban key players if they **** up and disobey team rules. they could have easily done a west coast and tried to sweep it all under the rug.

I think that their has been a bit of an awakening in regard to punishing players for stuffing up; Farmer has been told there is no more chances and banned by the club for 6 or 7 weeks, while Geelong's resident drunken idiot, Steve Johnson was banned to the 2nds until this week, and has been told thats it; once more and he is out.

Good to see that some clubs have the balls to punish there players...

all Collingwood players where told not to leave the Hotel after the game, by the coach. Those 3 players left the hotel after being told not to, this showed a total disrespect to go against the coach's requested. The club has done the right thing to suspend them all for one match. I just hope it doesn't stop Collingwood's current momentum.

I think that their has been a bit of an awakening in regard to punishing players for stuffing up; Farmer has been told there is no more chances and banned by the club for 6 or 7 weeks, while Geelong's resident drunken idiot, Steve Johnson was banned to the 2nds until this week, and has been told thats it; once more and he is out.

Good to see that some clubs have the balls to punish there players...

Exactly...it's about protecting the club (and league's) reputation...you can't afford to lose major sponsors just because one of your players is a thoughtless tool (Jay Schulz). There are heaps of other players out there waiting for an opportunity...somtimes you just have to eliminate the problem to improve the club. (Lawrence Angwin and Ty Zantuck are 2 examples)

Back
Top Bottom