Pics of my vineyard adventure

jimmy jackson

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jimmy
Recently a friend of mine bought a vineyard in South Australia - not far from Mount Pleasant. I went there yesterday to check it and took a bunch of snaps. I thought I'd share a selection with the good guys of Ozcards. :smt045

First up, here is a seriously old and magnificent tree

CIMG0428.jpg

Here is one of many roos that I saw cruising around the vines. Some of them were bloody huge proud looking fellas!

CIMG0479.jpg

Here I am cruising around on the buggy. When driving that thing around I started to believe that I owned the property. Maybe one day.. [-o<

CIMG0421.jpg

CIMG0417.jpg

Ahhhhh
The beautiful Mount Plesant District.
I grew up in Mount Pleasant Wayno!
I'm tipping that is maybe a bit closer to Springton, that's sort of the beginning of the Barossa.
The countryside is so spectacular there.
Great pics mate.
If you took them you have done well.
And nice form on the 4 wheel bike. Those things rock. Get on one of them on a wet day and it's a lot of fun.

Good shout Locky ;)

And yes, I did take those pics - did a good job huh!

What was it like growing up in Mt Pleasant? I bet you had lots of adventures! Many other kids around?

Great pics Jimmy! What camera you were using when taking those photos.

Cheers
Matt

wow, there some gorgeous pics there JJ (excluding the ones with yor ugly mug of course ;) )

makes me want to take a trip down to wine country one of these nice autumn weekends.

looks nice wayno when did u go there? also be nice to roam around the vineyard wid the quad and have a rifle gun on the back :p

Nice pics JJ! did you get to try any of the finished product? I bet that would make the quad bike interesting on even the driest of days ;) * pardon the pun :lol:

Of course mate. Sampling is all part of the experience :) I also chewed on some random grapes out in the field. And am still alive to tell the story.

Nice. The company I used to work at had an office in the middle of vineyards in McLaren Vale, as well as guys who did pruning for the vineyard. Was always nice scenery to rock up at work with.

Yeah Mount Pleasant is a great place Wayno.
I grew up on a small farm there.
It's a lovely area, and still quite close to Adelaide.
Played a lot of sport there, and I have 7 children to 6 different mothers there (one set of twins), so happy memories of my time at the Mount :)

Nice card. oh hang on... lol.

Taken some lovely happy snaps Wayno, nice area. First I thought you were shitting us around with pics of rocks, and a roo, lol, but you pulled thru.

I think I've been to Mt Pleasant. I cant remember exactly, but I'm 90% sure I have.

Back
Top Bottom