Pestige Giveaway Break

Jonathon M

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jonathon
Again, big thanks to Graham & OZCT and Panini...

No massive hits but the Irvin RC Extra Points is /10 so that is my lowest pack pulled parallel so that's pretty cool and the Richardson RC is the SP version (1 per box) so pretty happy with that - Tebow insert /1500. also got a heap of rookies, extra points and inserts. Heaps of fun bustin with my son, and the missus even made a cameo :)

Thats 2 boxes of this Ive busted now, may try and make a base set

Thanks for looking!

prest.jpg

Yeah mate, actually pretty nice in hand... Maybe as "authenticity" is now optional in game used materials so may be the the use of the correct team...... Or it's a probowl jersey (I doubt that tho)

Yeah I hate that about the "Game Used". Personally I would rather the card companies just do away with these memorbilia cards altogether unless it is actually certified as being Game Used. A couple of the older ones I had / have used to say on the card what game it was from etc which was real cool (especially if you could see that player had a great game that day).

I can't wait to see some of the Retro Football when it is out with the back to basic "old skool" inserts to collect. The basketball cards look awesome.

Jaames could be keen on that Irvin also being a Seahawks supporter.

Yeah I hate that about the "Game Used". Personally I would rather the card companies just do away with these memorbilia cards altogether unless it is actually certified as being Game Used. A couple of the older ones I had / have used to say on the card what game it was from etc which was real cool (especially if you could see that player had a great game that day).

I can't wait to see some of the Retro Football when it is out with the back to basic "old skool" inserts to collect. The basketball cards look awesome.

Jaames could be keen on that Irvin also being a Seahawks supporter.

I have no issue with the authenticity of Rookie materials (I accept the time of being "used" is closer to seconds than hours, just the vet/retired player stuff worries me, but lucky it's never been to much appeal to spend too much cash (less than $30) on non rookie jersey singles the rest I have are all pack pulled.

I expected this shit from Upperdeck as they're untrustworthy scum who's last thread of legitimacy and relevance is due to having some dude named Michael writing his name on a few of their cards every year and no one elses. but fuck me if Panini have been heavily involved this - I'll stick to fuckin Press Pass and Sage (Press Pass have some very underrated product, especially in the American Football market)

Last point, I like the /10 RC parallel, don't know if I want to get rid of it yet - I also like Bruce Irvin as his journey to the NFL was something else and I like cheering on the underdog................... That's why I go for the fucking Chargers ;)

However the theory in about 1992 to follow (and PC DRob) the Spurs due mainly to the fact they weren't the Bulls and #50 wasn't #23 and no one in my school who were collecting had jumped on DRob and the Spurs paid off in the end....... Spurs have a good coach though and never quit... big difference

(Press Pass have some very underrated product, especially in the American Football market)

Press Pass do it right, they are awesome at doing the NASCAR products. I've dealt with them a few times and they have the absolute best customer service and fantastic interaction with collectors. Would love to see them get an NFL licence, but not sure they could handle it as they're a pretty small company..

I guess I'm spoilt for choice given Panini and Upper Deck both do official NHL stuff. Probably why I'm ordering boxes every second week.

Though I do wish In The Game had an official deal as well, they've done some nice sets this year and they do a great job at hiding the fact its not official. Plus they're a Canadian company, it's in their blood!. With the lockout they should jump on an AHL or KHL deal given the boost in coverage they'll get.

Back
Top Bottom