drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
Try again!
PC Battle Shootout – Round 3 – The Semi’s

Getting down to the business end now! Some real schalackings in the last round which were probably unexpected coming out of round 1.

No we are left with just 4 – Verse 1, backinthemixer, KB. and Supercharged Collection!

Thanks to all who have been involved thus far!

I have used random.org this time as I can’t see an easy way to make fair groups!

Group 3A – Verse1 / Gary Payton VS Supercharged Collection / Michael Jordan

Verse 1 / Gary Payton

97-98 Metal Precious Metal Gems Emerald #6/10
250820113000.jpg

Supercharged Collection / Michael Jordan

2003-04 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos 66/75
LL03-04.jpg

PS – Blair Rules!

This is a hard one. I love the insanely rare PMG (photo is great btw), but a jordan LL is pretty hard to beat! I think if the patch was better on the mj I'd have to pick it but I think i'm going to go with the PMG, and not just cause of the hype either! Nice cards guys.

I agree that the pmg set are nice looking, but a Jordan auto patch from exquisite does it for me :)

I was waiting to see the pics... the PMG looks stunning, but sadly (for Nick), the auto on the Jordan (I'm very picky about what the signature looks like) is a good one...

Ohhhhhh Skiiiiiiiiiip!!!!! Where art thou Skip????

No one else's commentary is sufficient mate [-X no one!

And the longer you make me wait.... the more I will steal your finger waving man!!

Hahahaha wow! These are 2 very sweet cards. I can't really make up my mind. Maybe I just won't vote haha

Damnnn Nick - I was wondering if you ever going dish out that awesome PMG green:-k

What I don't expect that nasty thing to be my rival on this round:fist:[-X ( calling Skip now for his halftime report/officiall comments):lol:

Wow had to come up against the MJ's, was going to happen sooner or later.

Nice limited logos but only a 2 colour patch so the PMG gets my vote lmao :lol:

PMGs - never seen one up close, never had one in hand and probably will never see or have one in hand! Why? They're nice shiny numbered cards, (sorry, inserts) of which there are heaps....but I'm never going to spend that amount of coin when there are so many other good inserts around! Dunk n Go Nuts, awesome! Legacies, insane! Cut above, wicked! Big Men on Court, outstanding! Noyz Boyz, iconic! Super Rave, killer! Star rubies, sensational! Spectralight, Chrome and all sorts of refractors, all pretty cool stuff...... So I just don't get why PMGs are valued so highly especially compared to some other iconic inserts which are equally as scarce. Comes down to supply and demand I suppose, plenty of people have their buy orders in but I'm on the other end of the phone saying 'sell, sell, sell!' Maybe I just don't get it (which is probably closer to the truth than I care to admit in a public forum!), yes it's a nice looking card but just because the prices have gone through the roof doesn't mean it changes what it is......which is a numbered insert. 150 years from now they'll do an archaeological dig and find a bunch of basketball inserts and not know what each is worth, then they'll find an MJ auto and know it's something special!

Sorry Nick - I know how much you like your 90s inserts (so do I actually....and many others) but not only is it a Jordan auto, it's on card, Exquisite and has a nice bulls coloured patch, which yes, could be better!

As always Payton is busy defending his turf while it's MJ ftw! He shoots.........................................he scores! MJ wins this one one encounter!

Basically what he said^^^^^ :lol::lol:Love ya valuable insight Skip:hearts: heheheehehhe- got more votes after you posted your comments!:whistle:

In all seriousness- cheers for the votes fellas , it is one helluva battle against Verse1:worthy:

Might have to bust out the MJ's for the next comp since he's a fan favourite, 'twas a good battle Henri.

Might have to bust out the MJ's for the next comp since he's a fan favourite, 'twas a good battle Henri.

Or just ban him from crushing us all with his ridiculous collection...

Saw something on ebay for you Nick - a 'signed' photo of Gary Payton saying to MJ "F___ Y__". Bet that's how your PMG would be feeling right now too....
Terriffic card, top opponent. You should both be proud...

Back
Top Bottom