Parramatta Card Show

malonb

Go the lucky number 3!
Real Name
Ben
So all those in NSW who were able to go, fill me in. What was the card show like? I'm in Victoria, so of course I couldn't go. Was it any good? :)

Yes, Please tell us. I was unfortunate not able to go. Wish I went though. How was the atmosphere?

as far as I know (last one I went to was 10 years ago) its not a card show, rather a collectables fair...so its got all sorts of shit, in a tiny old town hall, everything crammed in....

when I was going in the middle of the hobby boom, there was maybe 6 or 7 stalls...id really doubt there was that many?

On a trivial note, I work in Parramatta!

I actually worked at a few of those Parramatta shows....

When cards were at there highest popularity there was probably 6-8 specific card stalls.....these were Generally a mix of Aussie sports cards and NBA stuff. Probably half of these sold boxes only. You could generally get some good deals towards the end of the show day. i.e if the seller hadn't done so well. Most of the shops generally dealt between themselves.

You really got to see some great collections that people would bring in and try and trade with other people.

Most of the other stalls were a mix of Autographed memorabillia, Coke collectables, lots of non sports cards, Tazo's, Star Wars stuff and some movie gear ie photos/record/programs.

When the card boom started to die off, there were sometimes only 2-3 card stalls there. Thats when i stopped going to them.

I would be interested to see how the current show went!

Cheers
Matt

man the hobby for me has come along way....ive gone from searching through folders etc pulling out DRobs I needed...to searching websites and doing it all from my computer

malonb said:
So what can I expect at the Malvern show in Vic this coming weekend?

I usually have a stall at the Malvern Card Fair... (Its also collectables)... But I'm working the weekend...

The majority is collectables, then AFL cards (me :D ) and 2 or 3 Bball card stalls.... Thats where I bought my 1st box.... UD Glass... a couple of months ago....

Back
Top Bottom