New Forum Idea

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
Thought it would be easier to and be great for some members to have a Football Forum. A side from basketball and trading cards their are alot of members that love to talk football and debate about footy issues.
i propose that we start a new forum:
entitled - Football
subheading - Come here to talk and debate all things football. All Football codes > AFL, NRL, Soccer, Union.

I, and our admin team can go through general to move all football related threads to the new forum. This would clean up the board a little bit, be more convienient for the people that visit the general disscussion that dont like football in general too ie. mavsman.

I know General Disscussion includes all sport, but AFL and the NRL and Soccer with the world cup coming up are australias favourite sports to many excluding basketball of course and probally needs its own forum.

thought id run the idea by the members and other admin team.

metallica

also a sticky in New Members for top 20 post members.
Richo started a thread but it would be good to have it up as a sticky and updated every month.

just a few ideas :lol:

The football idea sounds great buddy...
Dont think putting a list with top 20 posters is wise tho.
As these people seem to think its an acheivement to rack up a huge post count...Giving them a leader board promotes junk and worthless replys

I agree with the Football board - after all this is OzCardTrader. No reason why it can't be expanded from just NBA to include all of the football codes :)

And the post counts - I agree with hsv006 on that one. All it does is promote post whoring.

But ill run the Football idea past the others (Metallica votes a yes!! :lol:) and im sure there wont be a problem. Ill get onto it over the weekend.

Yeah there's a few that like to talk about that other sport. lol.

But yeah what's with all those so interested in seeing who's the top poster? we all know who it is. No big deal. ha ha ha

afterall, it takes 2, yes ONLY TWO, button clicks to check it out.

Yup a Footy Forum would be GREAT :thumbsup:, Steve made good points on the post count.....I tried it and all it did was attract SPAM and stupid replies......that being said it could work if you locked the thread ?!?

cool, yeah though the footy thing would be worthwhile with such a big supporter base on oz cards. Their will be quite a few threads started for the world cup soon too me thinks.

fair enough with the post count sticky. lol :eek:

Cool, remove all those Footy (espacially Colly-wobble) posts from the General thread.

I'm all for it.

Definitely against the Top 20 list, unless it's maybe extended to include other items, such as Traders Leaderboard etc.

Any idea if anyone suggested the idea of a footy forum before?
Actually I think one person did in the recent survey, wonder who that was? :lol:
GREAT WORK GUYS! :D

Back
Top Bottom