Baseball Need some feedback for a Custom card I am going to make

Beckster24

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Beck
eBay User
rebeccaw1027
Hi all, decided to get back into the custom card making again

I have a Peter Moylan no. 5 and 8 jersey number patch, the no 5 is signed in silver sharpie, didn't pay a lot for it so thought maybe of making a card out of it

Only prob is I am not sure on what style i should make it, any ideas??

Cheers

Beck

DSC06064.JPG

DSC06066.JPG

Hey Beck, what did you think of my idea of just putting it on an Angels jersey and framing it?

Its Braves Mark not Angels lol... thought about getting a jersey and putting the numbers on the back but thought it might be a challenge for something different to focus on making a card, proving to be very difficult as i can't seem to decide on what style to make it, thinking maybe similar to the Tops Jumbo style patch card, but then again want it to be original

Sorry, I had Rich Thompson on the brain.

The signature would be almost as big as a whole card wouldn't it?

Here is what I have come up with not sure i like it but its a start, the hard part will be getting the patch to fit the card properly never made one before so will be interesting to see how i can put it together

Peter Moylan Number Patch Auto.jpg

i ended up scraping the Moylan design i did and got another more experienced custom card maker to do one for me

Turned out pretty good just hope the patch will fit it

petermoylanlettergraphs.jpg

In a bit of a slump, thought the new card i had made would work, and it looks horrible

Starting from scratch going to try make my own, was having a look on the bay for ideas

Stumbled across this one of Jordan, I can see this similar style might work I shouldn't have too much of a prob getting something similar to this for the Moylan patch, hard part is cutting the inside part of it

06 07 UD Michael Jordan Letterman Patch Auto.jpg

Here is what i have come up with, no where near the same but its a start

Not sure if i should use Chronology seeing its related to the Basketball cards

Made it all greyscale for it to focus more on the Auto Number Patch which of course is red and will be placed in later once card is assembled, overall happy with how its turned out, minor tweaking of the fonts which need work

Moylan Number Patch Custom.jpg

yeah I am thinking of changing it completely though, still no happy with it

The patch works with it but not to say the signed patch i have will fit it perfectly

I think it lacks colour

Wanting to try something else thinking of having it in the style of the Career Best Jumbo Jersey, reckon that might work, but will need help with it, Sirdylan are you able to help me out with that??

!BpYF6,!!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-CsEuZHwroHsBLrGk!MUCQ~~_12.jpg

Decided to have another crack at this card, I had a custom made for me 2009 Career Best Style I dunno was lacking something

I have come up with this one, its nowhere near complete yet, but its a start, used an existing card of JFK for the patch area and bottom bit, works well i think then just added my photos background to it

I am bound to change it but at least I am on the right track want this card to be the best i can do

Peter Moylan Custom Patch Auto Card.jpg

Looks OK Beck, I would just make it say One of One though.

How are you cutting the sig out though? Just the line where it is signed on the 5?

(I still think go the jersey :)! )

I know will change it to 1/1 instead

I am putting the patch auto on it, want to get the card right before I cut the jersey apart

Going to position it so its got the black around it too, not just the one colour

Looks OK Beck, I would just make it say One of One though.

How are you cutting the sig out though? Just the line where it is signed on the 5?

(I still think go the jersey :)! )

Back
Top Bottom