Matty Knights New Bombers coach

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
I certainly didn't pick this!

Bombers appoint Knights

September 27, 2007 FORMER Richmond captain Matthew Knights has been appointed as the new coach of Essendon.

Essendon managing director Peter Jackson said Knights had been appointed for three seasons, after an extensive interview process.

"I congratulate Matthew on his appointment and the board is very comfortable he has the necessary skills to get this club back playing finals football," Jackson said on the club's website.

"We had some excellent candidates for the position and each of those that made it to the final stages would have brought something to this football club.

"However Matthew became more and more impressive as the interview process went on and we are very excited about the club's future with him as coach."

Knights has coached the Bombers' VFL affiliate Bendigo for the past three seasons.

All i can say is....:lol::lol::lol:

What happened to the presidents words? I thought he was going for a premiership coach?... :thumbsup:

a step backwards IMO for the Essendon footy club, which makes me feel good :)

All i can say is....:lol::lol::lol:

What happened to the presidents words? I thought he was going for a premiership coach?... :thumbsup:

a step backwards IMO for the Essendon footy club, which makes me feel good :)

I'm a Tigers supporter and whilst he was a good player I just don't think he has what it takes to be a successful coach.

Maybe the Bombers are hoping lightning strikes twice by taking a former Richmond player....I'll eat my words if he turns into a 20 year premiership-winning career coach!!!!:p

There really has to be more to this than meets the eye; they went through a big song and dance about needing a experienced coach who could lead the club; and then they basically go to the next in command behind Sheedy.

Maybe Knighter has been great with the younger players at Windy Hill via being Bendigo coach, but thats all that springs to mind... This really seems like a last resort rather than a choice; they had Neale Daniher (god knows what he is going to do now...), Chris Connolly and even former players such as Gary O'Donnell and Damien Hardwick... I really hope the Bombers have a real plan.

Good Luck Matty Knights, you will need it!

Putting a coach in the role was their last ditch effort to get Judd. As if he would have picked them without a coach!! But too late she cried. Good luck Knights :)

Back
Top Bottom