Lenny Hayes - season over

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
Story from AFL.com.au below.....also Richo out for 2 weeks with a cracked wrist and of course Judd for 2-3 weeks with a hamstring.

Hayes out for season
2:44:49 PM Mon 29 May, 2006
Paul Gough
Sportal for afl.com.au
St Kilda star Lenny Hayes will miss the rest of the season with a serious knee injury after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament during Sunday's match against the Kangaroos at Telstra Dome.

Hayes left the field during the third quarter after copping a knock to the knee but it appeared to be only a minor injury given he was able to return to the field and complete the match.

The former skipper was below his best however in finishing with just 11 touches in the Saints' 17 point win but there was no mention of him even being injured by the club post-match.

However when the Saints' published their injury list on Monday afternoon, Hayes was listed as being out for the season because of an 'ACL reconstruction'.

Hayes and coach Grant Thomas will speak to the media about the shock injury later this afternoon.

wow. i feel for the guy he was in Brownlow form and is a hell of a player.
but on the other hand he doesnt line-up against us this week :) !!
Gehrig is also rumoured to miss this week.

Damn the Saints may struggle to make the 8 now, thats a huge loss.

Also Richo out for the Tiges will disrupt there season as well. Lots and lots of injuries this week Murphy, Judd, Guido, Hayes, Richo all stars of the game its a shame.

Gehrig is playing and we will still knock yas off Metallica even with out Lenny - what a crap year for us...Clarke x 2, Hammill, Koschitzke, Hayes all missing lots of games :(

Past is the Past...the present is now and at least if we lose i can blame injuries

lol. well u will be without kozi, hayes and hamill
you still have a good list! but with David Neitz to break Melbourne's game record and at the G i think we will win.

Back
Top Bottom