Knicks acquire Rose, first-round pick for Davis

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
The New York Knicks have acquired Toronto Raptors guard/forward Jalen Rose and a first-round pick in exchange for power forward Antonio Davis, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reports.

Davis was a likely target to be traded because of his expiring contract.

The Knicks have lost nine of their last 10 games.

Davis, who played for Toronto for four-plus seasons from 1999-2003, served a five-game suspension after going into the stands in Chicago during a confrontation between his wife, Kendra, and a fan. Davis played for the Bulls for 1½ seasons after being acquired from the Raptors.

The 37-year-old Davis, who spent the first six seasons of his career with the Indiana Pacers, was averaging just 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 36 games for the Knicks.

Rose, who turned 33 on Monday, is averaging 12.1 points -- his lowest mark since 1998-99 with the Pacers -- and 2.8 rebounds in 46 contests.

what a bizarre trade...

davis and rose have now played for heaps of the same clubs, I think the only team Davis hasnt played for that Jalen has is Denver...

Pacers, Bulls, Raptors, Knicks

isaiah is an idiot.. antonio was giving them leadership, hustle and great offensive and defensive rebounding and defence on both ends, what's he going to do with Jalen Rose? He ALREADY has Marbury, Crawford, Ariza, Q-Rich and Nate Robinson. Farout.

It seems contract relief is the aim of the game this trading season. A few great FA's coming up in the next two to three years and decent drafts by all reports. The pick for the Raptors is lottery protected so its good for them. They have a nice stockpile of them to trade and move up the draft order if the balls dont' fall the way they want them too.

I say it makes sense for both. Its easily not the worst trade Isiah has made but now he takes on Roses contract over Davis's expiring one though.

Does anyone know if the pick was protected, and if so, how protected was it?

i know this sounds mean....everytime i hear isaiah talk..he sounds dumb...like....the way he talks...like every word is like so simple and slow and yeah lol....i think he's a joe dumars wannabe with making moves etc.....hey isaiah!...the knicks will never win a championship with you there....you are no joe dumars! (just because you were 1 of joe's teamates)..sure you were a great player....but you suck at making moves lol.....whats the bet isaiah will end up coaching the knicks in the next 2 seasons or something...i feel sorry for knick fans..

I dont get it...

Why would Knicks lose a PF-C for a SG-SF, when they have a handful as it is. And same similar for Raptors...

The Raptors GM has said that they will not buy out AD's Contract......

Back
Top Bottom