JL - Greatest FC run hitter!

cricket_cox

Banned User
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
Well an interesting fact, He needs just 153 runs to pass the Don as Australias greatest FC run scorer. now I say greatest as in most runs in FC. Certainly not the greatest FC batter we've seen :)

Compare JL's FC average of 50, to DGB's of 95 :)

Big difference. Glad a West Aussie will hold a batting record.

I will keep this updated and let you know how many runs he needs

RUNS TIL RECORD:

i don't know if langers record should count as a lot of the runs came against england and their crap county sides, but it is good that a aussie still holds the record

If that was the case Warney should still hold the test wicket taking record cause most of his wickets were taken against real sides unlike Chuckers.:D

i don't know if langers record should count as a lot of the runs came against england and their crap county sides, but it is good that a aussie still holds the record

possibly true, but Bradman didnt hold back against there county sides back in the day either :).

Just had a look, Bradman scored 9837 runs @ 96.44 in England on the 4 tours he went there on.
Langer scored 8888 runs @ 54.52. Both pretty impressive records. Funnily enough Langer has the highest score in England of the 2 with 342.

The epitome of an opening batsman. Courage and fortitude. Lets not try comparisons. Just admire his achievements.

Back
Top Bottom