Isn't hindsight GREAT!!!

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Over the weekend I picked up all my old Jordan stuff from my Mum's place including many magazines. I was looking through some of the older ones and thought you might fins some of the scans funny/interesting/depressing!

beware dial up users - thats why they are thumbnailed each one is roughly 500kb

Top Ten Jordan's of May 1993

Top 25 cards November 1993

WHAT - 8 Stores!! We'd be lucky to have that nationwide now!

REMEMBER THIS - AUSTRALIA'S OWN BECKETT.

enjoy

Wow that brought back some great memories.

I had to laugh at the last card on the top 25 list....Luc Longley Fleer NBA International $25. hahahaha

oh god! The Triple J's! Still think that would have been an awesome team had they kept it together. They were set to get a top 3 lottery pick before Donny dismantled the team. Next year they could have had KG I believe....

At ABC I saw my very first Larry Bird/Magic RC and glad I didn't buy it for the $800 price tag but I was really close to LOL

They were actually quite ok but didn't last as long as some of the others. The owner was more into cashing in to the craze and therefore got out earlier than those in it for the hobby.

I still really want a Jordan Team leader and missed out on snipes set on three others in the last month :-( The hype on those was nuts. Cards were simple back then. You could go to a few shops and almost see every card on the market.

Chekout the $164 price tag for a box of fleer! :-o

3 cards over $50 on the hot list. I think I paid about $40 for the Bird set back then LOL I HAD to have it! Best looking glossy Bird cards ever made at that point AND inserts!

Thanks for the post.

I have the Sam Vincent card in the first picture you have there. I bought it off ebay for about $0.99c.

Anyone else got that card??

Thanks for the great post
Man I was STUPID not picking up the Classic Basketball Box for $145!
And $4.50 per pack
I suspect you can get BOXES of that for $4.50 now!
I remember ABC - they had a shop in Adelaide too. They must have busted a LOT of stuff, and Chad is right, they basically had eveery insert there was.
I remember being amazed that they ahd all of the 94 USA Skybox Gold Portraits cards. You paid a premium for cards from their shop, but if you HAD to have the card, that was the place to go!

lockymac said:
Thanks for the great post
Man I was STUPID not picking up the Classic Basketball Box for $145!
And $4.50 per pack
I suspect you can get BOXES of that for $4.50 now!
I remember ABC - they had a shop in Adelaide too. They must have busted a LOT of stuff, and Chad is right, they basically had eveery insert there was.
I remember being amazed that they ahd all of the 94 USA Skybox Gold Portraits cards. You paid a premium for cards from their shop, but if you HAD to have the card, that was the place to go!

ahhh yes the old ABC shop on wakefield st. cos i went to CBC which was like 50 metres down the road, me and my friends would spend hours every night after school down there, buying packs of fleer and skybox premium. we got to know the owners really well. i still remember the day my mate pulled a Grant Hill gold embossed skybox premium card, it was like 1:360 packs and it was the greatest card id ever seen pulled by anyone, me and my mate were jumping around the store, yelling and acting like idiots...great memories! :D

JZA said:
I still remember the day my mate pulled a Grant Hill gold embossed skybox premium card, it was like 1:360 packs and it was the greatest card id ever seen pulled by anyone, me and my mate were jumping around the store, yelling and acting like idiots...great memories! :D

Which can now be had for about $1 on Ebay .. my how times change :lol:

:shock: :D Excellent post. LMAO. :eek:

We used to fax Silhouette, the Cardinal and one other dodgy SA based one I can't remember the name of (Card Values - maybe?) our card sales and it was meant to contribute to the guide back in the day :lol: In exchange we would get a few dozen cheap copies each month. There was also Card Crazy and the b'bal mag One on One I remember :lol:

A few hot sets from that era I can think of(ones that went crazy at one stage):
92-93 FLEER TEAM LEADERS, followed by ALL STARS, TOTAL D
92-93 HOOPS MAGIC'S ALL ROOKIES
93-94 FLEER TOWERS OF POWER
93-94 ULTRA SCORING KINGS
93-94 UD SE DIE CUTS

There's heaps more, feel free to add :)

:shock: :D Excellent post. LMAO. :eek:

We used to fax Silhouette, the Cardinal and one other dodgy SA based one I can't remember the name of (Card Values - maybe?) our card sales and it was meant to contribute to the guide back in the day :lol: In exchange we would get a few dozen cheap copies each month. There was also Card Crazy and the b'bal mag One on One I remember :lol:

A few hot sets from that era I can think of(ones that went crazy at one stage):
92-93 FLEER TEAM LEADERS, followed by ALL STARS, TOTAL D
92-93 HOOPS MAGIC'S ALL ROOKIES
92-93 TSC BEAM TEAM
93-94 FLEER TOWERS OF POWER
93-94 ULTRA SCORING KINGS
93-94 UD SE DIE CUTS

There's heaps more, feel free to add :)

Back
Top Bottom