Help with Paypal and Conversion rates

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
Does the AUD to USD value influence paypals conversion rates. ATM it is charging me 1AUD = 0.71 USD but if it becomes 1AUD = 0.74 USD I save about $20. Will this ever happen and will it happen within the next 7 days. I just wanna save that little bit more.

Yes, for you to get a conversion rate of 0.74 USD on paypal the actual USD would have to be around the 0.76 on the real market and that is not going to happen anytime soon :crybaby: which really sucks cause it costs us more to buy things from the states, but thats just the way the economy is at this point

So your saying I might as well pay for my card boxes now coz the conversion rates aren't gonna change that much within a week

Sometimes you get a nice conversion rate, but other times it's just like now...

I see what you mean about saving money tho! Sometimes ya think a $30 card is just gonna cost ya about $40, but then the $30 becomes $36 (postage) and the payment becomes about $50....

It's just the way the wonderful world of Ebay/PayPal goes... ya get used to it after a while....

yeah i noticed that the other day, at one point this year our dollar was heaps strong, it was the good days...

just remember over the last 5 years its been down in the .50c mark...

earlier this year the dollar was around 78 US cents and 76 on paypal which was sweet. but it wont go up much over the next few weeks. it has something to do with the interest rates and the global economy. :roll: but i'm no expert, i just keep an eye on the dollar and at the moment :crybaby: its not good

Back
Top Bottom