Fake patch??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's what I thought. Like that "E" on the Harris one I got.

It's like the letter bit has been put on over the top of the jersey.

For part of a letter, it's numbered high too #/100.

Think I'll leave it alone.

Cheers man!

People will do anything to make $1 it's f-cked!

We could be wrong, but I'm not convinced it's legit.

Check out how the patch shape is a circle. well the background is navy and the letter bit is white/silver.

See the border at the bottom? That should be white/silver instead of the background, unless the patch has ended, which if it's so, it should have a seem on it.... it doesnt.

Fake patch card are all over eBay and have for a few years. You can never be too carefull.

Some jersey sets actually have like a plastic seal around the piece so it can't be tampered with.

Ive heard of people in the US cutting up cheap replica jerseys and inserting patches.

While we're on the subject of fake patch cards..

Can you report to eBay on ppl who admits that the cards their selling have been modified? Probably not worth the time anyway... but I was just wondering because there are a few fake Iverson / Iguodala & Iverson / Marbury, patch cards on eBay right now.

Fake Patch card #1

Fake Patch card #2

Fake Patch card #3

Fake Patch card #4

It's a shame that the cards above aren't authentic because they're contained some very beautiful patches and I was hoping to add 2 more Sky's The Limit Dual Patch onto my collection, but I'll pass..

Its all too common that and I've even seen Wade exquisite RC's ruined like that. UD will also not use a logo or part of a logo on a patch card not a real logoman.

Fleer have been known to from time to time but you have to look for the signs of a logo from an inferior product being used.

I've seen people and quite well known Celts collectors bidding on Celtic team leprechun logo cards even though it doesn't and has never existed in the uniform design ever. Thats leaves me shocked. Some people just sometimes choose to look at it with a blind eye and pretend its real.

How can we tell if its authentic or not??? Maybe we can have a thread of advices when buying on the net on what to look out for... For sure stamping of cards for serial numbers are easy for these crooks but maybe a thread can help everyone in this forum...

I had to admit I have no idea whether I have any in my collection that is not authentic but I suspect this one...

02-03 Fleer Premium A Cut Above Jsy Patch.jpg

It didnt say in the beckett priceguides that there is a patch on these ones....

02-03 Fleer Premium A Cut Above Jsy Patch.jpg

The ones I posted aren't authentic because they're aren't machine stamped serially out of /10.

Besides that, the seller admitted to me that he acquired those blank cards from the Fleer auctions.

I'm not 100% sure about the card you posted Gemini. You may need to ask another hill fan, like Graham. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom